>There is no "uninstall" method, except to fdisk & format the drive.
>'fdisk /mbr' (from a DOS prompt -- boot from a Win98 boot diskette) will
>get rid of LILO, and 'fdisk' will allow you to delete your non-DOS
>partition(s) and create one or more DOS partitions. You then need to
>format each partition (again in DOS, using a Win98 boot diskette) to
>make them usable. If your boot diskette's version of 'format' will not
>support fat32, then you can always convert to fat32 after Windows is
>installed.
>
>Dave

Dave, Michael S, and original poster,

Actually, you won't be able to remove the ext2 partitions with windows
fdisk--what you've done if you clear the mbr first is no way to get into
linux (other than via a boot disk) to remove the ext2 partition
information.  What needs to happen is boot using something similar to tom's
root / boot disk (link should be off the "distribution page" of linux.org)
or into your linux install, run linux fdisk as root, remove all ext2
partitions.  Boot into windows, run 'fdisk /mbr' (note, this is windows
fdisk), reboot using the floppy, and repartition the drive using windows
fdiskm, setting up partitions for a FAT16 or FAT32 partition - if it is a
large drive, choose FAT32 (FAT16 has a limit of 2 GB per partition), then
format.

This is, of course, the same set of instructions that civilme sent to the
list.

In the next few days, I'll have finished a FAQ relating to questions (using
my answers) that have been posted to this list and the expert list--if
nothing else, civilme, myself, and the other experts on the list can post
the url for the person to look at instead of sending the same instructions
to the list every time -- I've seen at least 3 or 4 posts concerning
uninstalls, for example.

Michael

--
Michael Viron