To get UT to work you need the windows version of the game.
Then go to http://www.lokigames.com/products/ut/ and download the
Linux installer.
Follow the instructions for the installer and voila.
I found that for some reason the game didn't run if I installed it off
the CD, or if I copied the files on to the hard drive under Linux.
What I ended up doing is copying the files under windows and then
installing off a fat 32 partition which worked fine. Other people I
know have been able to install straight off of CD. go figure :)

To Q3A to run you also need the windows version.
Then go to http://www.quake3arena.com/ and download the latest Linux
point release.
Install the point release (this had me confused for a while, the logic
of installing the update first then the game is weird), next go to the
q3a cd and find the pak0 file (if I remember right, it's the very big
pak file on the cd) and copy that into the base3q directory. and
voila, it's frag fest time ;)
This will works exactly the same for team arena, only difference is
that you need to copy the pak0 file off the team arena disk ;)

Personally I haven't found too much speed increase between windows and
Linux on my machine. Lower end machines Linux is faster, especially
with quake. I haven't had a chance to try it networked yet either,
will do that this weekend.

HTH
Robert MacLean
IDWS Technical Services
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Web: http://www.idws.com
Tel: (011) 955-5613 ext 14
Fax: (011) 955-5611

NOTE: Please include this message in your reply.