On Thu, 13 Sep 2001 13:29:07 +0100
Mark Owens <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi
> I'm running LM 7.2 (usually with KDE).
> I've tried using DrakConf - "Change Screen Resolution" with no success. My
> hardware is listed in the dropdowns for both graphics card and monitor so I
> select them both "Cirrus Login GD544x" and "Gateway 1572FS".
> I choose a resolution of 1024 x 768.
> Doing a "Show Information" displays the correct hardware AND resolution.
> Doing a "Test again" shows 800 x 600 instead of the configured 1024 x 768.
>
> It simply refuses to change to the required resolution.

Mark,

I had the same set of problems as you a few weeks ago, and didn't win!!
Best I got was 800x600x16 and very poor definition as that. These cards
seem to run well in Windows but the Linus drivers seem to be rather short.

I swapped out to another card and solved the problem.

Cheers

John

--
"The number of UNIX installations has grown to 10, with more expected"
       (The UNIX Programmer's Manual, 2nd Edition, June 1972.)