On Thu, 13 Sep 2001, Charles A Edwards wrote:

+ Denis
+
+ I agree that this is a linux list and that there are better
+ forums for the discussion of the events of 9/11/2001 and as
+ such I have reframed from making any comments, till now.
+
+ But I find your above comment trivializing the terrorist
+ attack and the death of what now looks to be more than 6000
+ people as being patently offensive.

Charles,

Your ignorance makes me sick.

FYI, I come from a country which suffered in a very filthy war in 90-s,
Several percents of the population were killed, and ca 20-30% of the
people were forced to flee their homes (most never returned). In
fact, war has been so bad that no one has the guts to do a population
census yet.

Family of my wife has been terorised for years, their possesions were
taken away, they were denied right to work (and thus earn a living), and
only providence saved her father from death - simply because they refused
to go away from a town where they were born and lived all their life.
The rest of her family is today either dispersed all over the world (only
her parents stayed where they were), or dead.
My family was luckier (they lived on a "right" place for our nationality):
they had to go trough a period of dispair and luck of money, but none of
them was physically in danger except for my oncel.

Still, I never insisted on discussing that in a linux mailing list ,
simply because this is not appropriate place to do it.

Mandrakesoft mailing lists are to an extent open for non-related
discussions, but at the moment when people start complaining about
never-ending discussions which aren't related to linux I'm required to
put an end to it.

FYI, I'll take a look at the list tomorrow, and blacklist everyone who is
still talking about politics there. You are still welcome to discuss what
happened in one of these threads:

http://www.mandrakeforum.com/article.php?sid=1169&lang=en
http://www.mandrakeforum.com/article.php?sid=1170&lang=en
http://www.mandrakeforum.com/article.php?sid=1171&lang=en

cu
        Denis
Dr. Denis Havlik               http://MandrakeForum.com
Mandrakesoft           |||     e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Community             (@ @)    (private: [EMAIL PROTECTED])