Yes, Mandrake has some excellent security features that make it quiet easy
to do..

I have been using 7.2 on many servers as mail, web and dns servers with
never a problem.

your hardware is fine, and I have run websites from much slower systems.

your method of doing things is rather strange. why use Me as the gateway?

The way I would do it, is to make a gateway linux box. put a firewall on it
with everything you don't need open closed.

Setup NAT (internet sharing) so that all machines can access the web.
Then use port forwarding to forward port 80 from the gateway machine, to
port 80 of your internal IP web server..

I have done that, we have servers using SSL, scripts, java and other stuff
all on different ports and all using port forwarding.. it works great, and
its nice and secure.. (doesn't hurt that it makes the network hard to figure
out when you are on the outside of it either, (ie a script kiddie.)

you can use ipmasqadm or IPTABLES to do your forwarding, I have always used
ipmasqadm, but I am about to try it with IPTABLES,,, dunno how I will go
yet.

rgds

Frank