> Dear Linus,
>
> Thank you for your suggestions. Unfortunately I cannot even get a test page
> to print now. Test pages were printing for awhile but not anymore. It is
> very strange, because everything worked at first then just slowly stopped
> working. I do not know what else to do. I think I would like to use a whole
> different printing system at this point but I do not know how to switch at
> this point. I want to stay away from reinstalling if I can.
>
> Thanks for your help. I will continue to research and maybe will find an
> answer. Thanks very much for your help.
>
> Sincerely,

Maybe, just maybe you should check if the printer hasn't given up on you.
I.e. it's a (defective) hardware problem. These things do happen at the most
unexpected moments!
I remember having a Canon bjc2000 that just quit, the printer head died --so
I bought a replacement -- the next day the powerunit (ac to dc) died:(
I bought a bjc 2100 (never buy that!) an my initial woes were over.

What I'm saying: Test all your hardware before you start messing with the
software too much.
You don't even want to know about when my little daughter's hamster gnawed
through my mouse connection cable, and the state windblow$3.1 was left in
before I figured that out. As a matter of fact I still keep that 48MB
harddisk around as a souvenir:)