Hey any one here can tell me how to reconfigure X if it did not properly
install on the initial install.  My friend has a computer with a Savage4
video card, and the Xconfiguration installer automatically installs the card
and it does not work.  The book that come with is kit says to install the
Generic SVGA drivers, but the install does not allow it to work. Any ideas?

run XFConfig86 from the command line.
It has options to select from many drivers.
I believe that is the name of the configuration utility.

Gerald