On Wed, 19 Dec 2001 14:50, Mark Weaver wrote:
> Question that is...
>
> over the last few days since I used Gmc to browse a few directories last
> weekend, everytime I start the Kde desktop Gmc filemanager appears along
> with "all" the Gnome desktop icons.
>
> what in the world is making this happen and how can I make it stop. its so
> bad I can't sleep at night cause the clowns will eat me!

Id say at some point you've ticked the ever-popular "Restore Session When
Logging on next time" when you've had GMC open
I've noticed that GMC startup has a bad habit of hosing a KDE desktop unless
your very careful and KDE isn't careful when it restarts things
Best bet...close everything, get rid of those pesky Gnome icons and try to
logout of KDE with the restore option checked...hopefully when you log in
again, you should be alright.

If not...check to see if you've got soething startign that makes GMC fire up

Theres always the nuclear option of killing .kde and .kderc if all else fails
:(
--
Andrew George

        Equality is not when a female Einstein gets promoted to assistant
professor; equality is when a female schlemiel moves ahead as fast as a
male schlemiel.
                -- Ewald Nyquist