On Wed, 19 Dec 2001 18:59:17 +0000
"David .." <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> studiouisly spake these words to ponder:

> I had the same problem. I did a search on the 'newbie' archive and was able
> to find the problem. From what a gathered its a problem with one of the
> desktop files, where for some reason it's no being deleted correctly and
> everytime you load up your desktop it keeps loading up those gmc apps. I'm
> at work now, so I don't have access to a Linux box, so I can't tell you for
> sure the name of the file, but do a search on the archives, you'll find the
> answer there.

well, halaluiah! I took a little bit of everyones' advice and rooted around or a
while, but it wasn't until I started Kde again and waited for all the stuff to pop up
again. After I turned everything off I opened kpm and sure enough there was a gmc
process running that I promptly killed.

After logging out and choosing to restore settings I logged back in to a clean,
kde-only desktop.

thanks ya'll
--
daRcmaTTeR

Registered Linux User 182496
Mandrake 8.1
  9:05pm  up 3 days, 12:54,  2 users,  load average: 0.34, 1.00, 0.65