On Wed, 19 Dec 2001 09:31:39 -0800
"Myers, Dennis R NWO" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I got the same thing, but then discovered that lilo had the wrong harddrive
> as the boot drive. Go in with your boot disk and check the lilo
> configuration to make sure it is reading the hda1 or what ever your boot
> partition is, correct it if need be and run /sbin/lilo from a console and
> see if that doesn't get you a clean boot. I have (I say again) no problems
> on two computers with the new kernel installation. I don't know what I did
> wrong: )  Dennis M.

This Will Not work if you have used MandrakeUpdate to Update the kernel and
there is a problem with the new kernel installation.

An orig boot disk will not work because that kernel no longer exists.
A boot disk made with the New kernel will not work because the New kernel
was not properly installed and configured.

The proper way to install a New kerel is to manually download the kernel
and do rpm -ivh (New kernel), this will leave the old kernel intact and still
bootable.
Run lilo and then double check all your config files.
Make a boot disk containing the New kernel.
Reboot your system and boot to the New kernel.
If there are no problem and after having run the said kernel for a period
of time then update/install the headers and source for the New kernel
using rpm -Uvh (headers) (source)

   Charles