Package Manager works just fine. BUT: After upgrading a kernel, you need
to go in and fix /boot. Package Managere doesn't do that, and it will
leave you pretty much broken.

Once you've fixed /boot, check /etc/lilo.conf for validity, and then run
"lilo" to set the changes. Your next reboot should be fine after that.

To the person who upgraded their kernel, and has not yet rebooted...
Reboot the thing! The new kernel won't take effect until you do.

Ric

--
Ric Tibbetts

Linux registration number: 55684
If you want to help advertise Linux - point your friends to
http://counter.li.org/