On Wed, 19 Dec 2001 10:28:38 -0800
"Myers, Dennis R NWO" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Well son of a gun, somebody forgot to tell my computer that, cause it is
> using the new kernel and it does boot from lilo and the old kernel is, yes,
> gone. So until I have problems with what's up and running I will leave it
> alone for now. Next time I will use the ivh install cause everyone else
> seems to have the problem and mine could have been a fluke as was mentioned
> earlier. But, as I said to begin with, I used the Mandrake Upgrade just to
> see what would happen, as the computer in question is the one I use for
> testing and experimenting for the sake of learning about "what happens if I
> do this......?" Linux, the possibilities are infinite.: )  Dennis M.

Dennis

I was not implying that it did not work on your system.

1 time in 10 using Mandrakeupdate to update the kernel will work without
problem.
Yours was 1 of those occasions.
Other than the wrong boot drive your kernel Was properly installed.

It is the other 9 times when the kernel Is Not properly installed that
are the problem and the reason for warning against upgrading the kernel
in that manner.

   Charles