On Thu, 20 Dec 2001 23:10:25 +0700
"Wendy Nexcom" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> uttered these words to ponder:

> I am 12 (twelve) years experience Windows user but only 6 months using
> Mandrake, and I hope Mandrake 8.2 (or 9.0 ??) will support:
>
> 1. Change screen resolution directly in X Windows, rather "Ctrl Alt +/-"
>       If I want to change my screen resolution, I should:
>       a. Go to Mandrake Control Panel
>       b. Access the "Desktop" then click on "Screen Resolution"
>       c. Click the screen resolution that I want
>
> 2. Integrated Control Panel. Any setting should be access via Control Panel.
> ANY SETTING!
>
> 3. No more stupid name "xyx -123-xxxx.RPM". Just use "install.exe". Paket
> name will be like this:
>       a. \mnt\cdrom\startoffice\install.exe
>       b. \mnt\cdrom\kde3.0\install.exe
>       c. \mnt\cdrom\koffice2.0\install.exe

[snipped-for-sanity-sake]

Wendy,

This is Linux. "not" windows. it will "never" be windows and I seriously doubt it will
ever do anything "like" windows. Some things you may find similar; some things you may
find better; and yes, some things you may not like at all. However, Mandrake, or any
Linux system will Never do the .exe thingy and RPMS are forever.

don't like rpms?

use tarballs and do it the old fashioned way...

the *nix way.
--
daRcmaTTeR

Registered Linux User 182496
Mandrake 8.1
  1:05pm  up 20:35,  1 user,  load average: 0.03, 0.20, 0.41