Frans Ketelaars wrote:

> May be my fault,
everything is normally my fault so you are OK here. :)

> but I don't understand what the problem is?
I cannot get the modem to work under LM8.

> I hope you don't mind that this on list :)
> It seems to me your modem is working and I think that if it works without
> some/much tweaking, it isn't a winmodem or linmodem.
No problem on the list. To clarify I have a Win95 box and a LM8 box each
with their own modem. The win95 box is fine and is where I am sending
email from. The LM8 box modem is the one that is giving me grief.

It has to either be a Winmodem or a Linmodem i.e. the modem will most
probably only work under Windows or may work under Linux.

Hylton
--
Signature for Hylton Conacher follows:

Registered Linux user # 229959
Mandrake 8.0 on AMD Athlon at 1 Ghz on a K7