Dennis Myers wrote:

>On Monday 24 December 2001 20:15, you wrote:
>
>>I went to Control Center > Boot > Boot Config, but Windows was already
>>there. Clicking on "Modify" for that entry didn't really seem to indicate
>>anything wrong - it was still specified as being on the second partition,
>>which is where it is...
>>
>>doug
>>
>>[EMAIL PROTECTED] (Tuesday, December 25, 2001):

>>>I think you just need to give the lilo a little more help. Go into the
>>>Mandrake Control Center, (icon on the KDE Desktop or the start button "K"

>>>click on the  + sign on "Boot" then boot config. Check the screen over to
>>>familiarize yourself with what is there, and then click on the box in the
>>>upper right that says configure. It will pop up a screen with the boot
>>>
>>loader
>>
>>>choice you saw at install, click "ok", then in the next screen click on
>>>
>>"add"
>>
>>>and you will have a choice of linux or windows, choosing windows takes you
>>>into the setup screen for your windows stuff and from there it should be
>>>
>>self
>>
>>>explanatory. HTH
>>>

>>>--
>>>Dennis M. registered linux user # 180842
>>>
>>>Want to buy your Pack or Services from MandrakeSoft?
>>>Go to http://www.mandrakestore.com
>>>
>Now I don't know what to tell you if lilo won't boot it, maybe windows
>doesn't like being second.   Wiser heads must now help.

>Go to http://www.mandrakestore.com

You are addressing a windows issue

Win2K has its own bootloader, which will boot various windows versions.
 While we mormally have no problem with this, it seems to break down
once a non-windows partition has been encountered in the chain.

In other words, if you want it to work, dump linux, reinstall w2k to
that first partition, copy over your data, then install Mandrake in the
second position.  This will work handily.

Civileme