Well, obviously everybody in the world except for me knew that Windows
will not run from the 2nd partition. I will just re-install. The Windows
installation is new anyway and I have no real data that is lost.

I *do* think a warning in the installer would be a good idea though!

doug

[EMAIL PROTECTED] (Wednesday, December 26, 2001):

>On Monday 24 December 2001 09:28, you wrote:
>> Hmmm...
>>
>> Mandrake Linux 8.1 is working fine, but if I restart the machine and
>> choose "windows" at the startup screen, my Windows 2000 parition won't
>> load.
>>
>> Any suggestions as to what I might try?
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Doug Lerner, Tokyo
>
>I had that happen a couple of times (once with NT4.0 and once with W2K).
 The