Actually, that is not true. It is not in the documentation. When I was
installing I followed along with the documentation. The step in question
is at:

    <http://www.linux-mandrake.com/en/doc/81/en/user.html/
formatpartitions.html>

That section does not include a single word about being careful of
Windows partitions.

Again, I do think it is important to include (in both the documentation
and the installer) at least one warning line like:

"Warning: Windows partitions must be in the first partition in order to
boot from Linux."

doug

[EMAIL PROTECTED] (Wednesday, December 26, 2001):