This is an interesting discussion. I agree with some of your points, but
am not convinced by others. For example, if a company hires a dozen
programmers and they spend a year creating and tweaking and debugging
code, even if you think the company has no right to the *idea* (I am not
convinced of that though), surely they have the right to the code itself,
if they so choose? Otherwise somebody could just repackage it with much
less effort and no development costs and make profit on the other
company's investments.

As far as $100 for an upgrade being expensive or not - I guess it depends
on what the upgrade is...

doug

[EMAIL PROTECTED] (Wednesday, December 26, 2001):