True, but there is also another side to the story. What about the end users, who
will _save_ money by using free software. Corporations spend massive amounts of
money on buggy, insecure software. If the software was free, all this money
could be saved, and the employees could be paid more (or more could be hired).

I am not rabidly against charging for software, but in many cases free software
can make a lot of sense. If a company chose to write a decent OS (BeOS and OS/2
come to mind) with decent software, I would consider using them. Microsoft on
the other hand does not compete on quality, it competes on marketing and
lock-in.

--
Sridhar Dhanapalan

"I've always liked penguins, and when I was in Canberra a few years ago we went
to the local zoo with Andrew Tridgell (of samba fame). There they had a
ferocious penguin that bit me and infected me with a little known disease called
penguinitis. Penguinitis makes you stay awake at nights just thinking about
penguins and feeling great love towards them. So when Linux needed a mascot, the
first thing that came into my mind was this picture of the majestic penguin, and
the rest is history." -- Linus Torvalds