On Monday 28 January 2002 23:49, Hylton Conacher (ZR1HPC) wrote:
> The man's a genius, sort of! I had the speakers plugged into the
> headphones socket and sweet nothing was coming from the speakers. At
> least with the  correct hole chosen I can just hear the sound, if I hold
> the speaker to my ear.

Well sounds like you're getting there... umm... I would try running sndconfig
again and then open kmix and check the volume settings.  The only red light
(mute) in kmix should be on microphone.

Now that you've got sound, albeit very low volume, check the mailing list
archives as I recall others had very low volume and they did find a solution.

Good luck

skinky
--
oxymoron:  Microsoft Works