Carroll,

Carroll Grigsby wrote:

> On Thursday 21 March 2002 07:41 am, Hylton Conacher (ZR1HPC) wrote:
> > Comments as I currently have sound but at a VERY LOW volume?
>
> Hylton:
> There's a jumper on some sound cards to select/deselect the card's internal
> amplifier.
I don't know if there is a jumper but I assume not as it is an onboard
sound card. I'll check just to make sure though.

> ....the default setting is to bypass the card's amplifier on
> the assumption that the speakers contain their own amplifier. Otherwise,
> there will be some very loud pops during power on.
Wish I did hear LOUD pops as long as they don't come with the expensive
Japanese smoke IT folk fear.

Hylton Conacher on KDE 2.1.1 on kernel 2.4.3-20mdk#1
Registered Linux user # 229959 on Mandrake 8 on an i686 (AMD  1 Ghz K7
mobo
Licenced Windows user