daRcmaTTeR wrote:

> On Sun, 27 Jan 2002, skinky wrote:
>
> > Just a guess, but shouldn't the speakers be plugged into the green socket
> > with the speaker next to it?
> >
> > skinky
> >
> skinky,
>
> As a matter of fact you're correct. the line out for the speakers should
> be placed in the green plugin on the sound card.

Great, that is where it is plugged but the volume is still very low and
the unamplified speakers are turned to 100% in the KDE sound mixer.

I have had suggestions regarding getting some amplified speakers but
surely these should work?

Comments as I currently have sound but at a VERY LOW volume?
Hylton Conacher on KDE 2.1.1 on kernel 2.4.3-20mdk#1
Registered Linux user # 229959 on Mandrake 8 on an i686 (AMD  1 Ghz K7
mobo
Licenced Windows user