for me the newer kernel cut start time of apps in half.  naturally YMMV.

http://www.mandrakeuser.org/docs/install/index.html#ku may help.

since some of the kernels are a work in progress, be sure to keep your old
kernel and simply add a new boot choice, and maybe try more than one.  one
kernel i tested won't even allow me to complete the boot process, but the
other is ripping fast no troubles.  go figure.  :-)

On Saturday 09 February 2002 14:16, you spoke unto me thusly:

--
when cryptogrophy is outlawed, only outlaws will
°B*<IHÿ`/~°Eb/{·D_ÚØ~}:Xªø«»é

shane
registered linux user @ http://counter.li.org/
http://shentzu.home.mindspring.com/