> I don't think ReiserFS is worth crying about since it doesn't get
> smaller than 32MB...
>
> A partition that small (such as /boot) isn't getting much activity
> anyhow. So using a non journel FS is fine. Or, like you seggested, ext3.
>
> Fsck on <32MB is hardly even noticable.

What you say is very true.  However, to go on to the *rest* of the story, the
reasons you enunciate do not pass as reasons NOT to use a capable journaling
FS on smaller partitions.  I don't see the mandatory use of fsck or sync as
being a valid reason for anything, no matter how fast it is; except maybe
clinging to a dramatic but inferior version of past evolutionary history best
left behind.

On the other hand, if you do happen to have a personal fetish for other
filesystem types other than journaling, Linux certainly scores with the
ability to support those fetishes.  Freedom rules; so more power to ya.