On 9 Feb 2002, Dave Sherman wrote:

> Just out of curiosity, why would you want a partition less than 32MB
> anyway? My laptop has a small hard drive (4.5 GB), and even trying to
> save space on it, I still made the /boot partition 39 MB. I think mmost
> people set /boot to 50 MB or so, and that's generally the smallest
> partition on a Linux filesystem.

I too would liked ResierFS to support partitions less than 32Mb.  In my
opinion, 50Mb is a huge overkill for a /boot partition, and with smaller
hard disks, it's a great waste of space.

/dev/hda7              30M  3.7M   25M  13% /boot

The contents of my /boot partition are simply files related to *one*
kernel, 2.4.17-1mdk.  I can appreciate that others may want to have a
variety of kernels for testing purposes, but even so, I would have thought
50Mb would be a waste.

*shrug*

Regards,

--
Ashley Reynolds - [EMAIL PROTECTED]

"He who asks is a fool for five minutes, but he who
does not ask remains a fool forever."