On Tuesday 12 March 2002 11:55 am, Seedkum Aladeem wrote:
> Can we become share holders in Mandrake with our
> contribution/subscription? That will give some of us more
> incentive.
>
> Seedkum

    Well, IMO, the incentive should be for preserving the best free
Linux distro going, both in a freedom and free beer sense. Not
'what's in it for me'...   you're already gettin that just usin
Mandrake.  BUT,  Yes you can invest
      http://www.mandrakesoft.com/company/investors
IIRC it's also an OTC stock on American exchanges, contact your broker

   BUT (I've always got'a BUT don't I ;)  IMO, your best way to
immediately support Mandrake is to directly contribute, eg, The
Mandrake Club. ( Una$$ a few bucks, you'll feel better ;)
      http://mandrakeclub.com

   Next best would be to buy Mandrake products directly thru their
store   http://www.mandrakestore.com     including 8.2 when it's
available. Very soon. Word is you'll be able to pre-order it shortly.

   After that, next best would be to d/l, beg, borrow or buy CD's
(eg, Cheapbytes) AND THEN send Mandrake a contribution and/or join
the Club.

   Last, and probly the least contribution (Mandrake doesn't make
much, the middle men do) is to buy Mandrake in a store like Wal*Mart
or Best Buy, or other retail outlet.

   Otherwise you'll probly end up runnin RedHat ..... maybe even
worse, M$ Linux paid for on a $ub$cription basis.   _Seriously_
--
    Tom Brinkman                       Corpus Christi, Texas