Ahhh,
Is anyone home with you two? Hellooooooo?

The reason that my comms are in Doze is because - **like femme** and a
zillion others - the Mandrake installs fail!!.

I cannot since Redhat 5.2 ( nor can anyone else I've ever known) replace the
most basic functions of a person who makes a living using a
computer.......... like writing letters, backing up to a CD, editing a
little Website, etc. etc.

AND I've had fabulous support and help from the good people on this very
List, who tried very hard to help, over what seems decades.

I still have not read a cogent argument against a single comment I made. Not
a single line of rational, supportable argument.
( BTW: "YA Mother wears gumboots!" is not a cogent retort, neither is to
betray abysmal ignorance of the language and refer to a person as a
"troll" - a distinct entity in English mythology with sound etymology.)

 My last - thanks to Big Bill's product - which does at least work -
communication on the arcane matter of Business Point101.

I will wait and see what other bad news appears like Femmes re 8.2.   (Sigh)
like most people most of my things now will tend to be USB.... like most of
the world except the M8.2 distro........??

Sadly,

John