Hello Ed,
Thanks for the response, but afraid I can't follow it.
----- Original Message -----
From: ed tharp <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Thursday, April 04, 2002 9:49 PM
Subject: Re: [newbie] Not why only graphical - Why no graphical?

> > I have now even bought a Jetway moboard as I was told it was lux
friendly.
> > SIS 630T chipset
> > It has O/b video AGP4x shared mem amount immaterial as I've seen so far.

> WRONG... THIS is your problem, you need to specify the ram being used
video
> as subtracted from the "overall" ram,ie "linux mem=118" (this being a
machine
> w/128 ram chip, and 8 meg for video ram and a little extra to be safe.
************ Specified where? I don't recall it coming up in the install
proc.
The system at last fallover had 384 Megs RAM.

What I meant by "immaterial" was that any change in the allocated Video RAM
under Doze made no difference in anything noticeable, so I left it at the
default 8.

Cheers,

John

---