On Sunday 07 April 2002 07:20 am, you wrote:
> On Sunday 07 April 2002 14:01, shane opened a general hailing frequency and
>
> transmitted to all open stations:
> > ok stupid question maybe, but.... having just done the above, how do i et
> > back to 2.2.2 if i want i only have one entry for kde when i log in and
> > it gives me 3.
>
> ok, having read my own question, i realized i didn't ask what i ment to.
> chalk it up to a bad day with a 3 year old...
>
> what i mean is, if i wanted to reinstall 2.2.2 or install 3 on another
> system in addition rather than bt upgrade, will the login manager have 2
> kde choices autoatically or do i need to do something special?

Shane, on another list I found that someone advised "comment out the
export PATH= BLAH BLAH    from  /etc/profile.d/kde3.sh"  This stops the KDE3
bin from being the default. "  That was a paraphrase sorta.  Anyway I
commented the line as told and then rebooted and when lilo came up I hit the
drop down for the list of WMs and sure enough there was KDE and KDE3.  Seems
to have worked. Both KDEs are available. HTH
--
Dennis M. linux user #180842