I actually just downloaded and installed KDE 3.0 and have been playing with
it for a bit.

Anyway, all I did was download all of the KDE 3.0 files for Mandrake 8.2
(there's a link from kde's main site). Then I (as root) cd'ed into the
appropriate directory and just did: urpmi *.rpm and it fixed all the
dependencies I didn't have installed for me - all I had to do was insert
Disk 1 when it asked for it.

James