On Tuesday 09 April 2002 05:34 am, you wrote:
> I am having a heck of a time trying to get the new Nvidia RPMs for Mdk8.2
> working.  I downloaded and installed both files according to the
> instructions that the Nvidia web site gives for installing the RPMs.  I
> have also tried to do the upgrade.  It seems to go through the motions, but
> nothing is working.
>
> How do I check to see that the driver is installed and the video card is
> actually using that driver?
>
> I have to get it working so my kids will stop bugging me about the TuxRacer
> game not working.  I am so stuck, please help.
>
> Greg Smith

I had to edit the PAM files... :\

it sucked but I got the error:

Your permissions are too restrictive.  Please see this readme *located where
it says to go* & fix it.

Its a FAQ on your comp once the drivers are installed.

Other than that, follow the directions of:

Change the "driver: nv" to "driver: nvidia"

under the "freetype line" add:

"load: glx"

Other than that, you should be OK, restart X or reboot.  Try tux from
console, it gives you an error, you've done something wrong.  I had a typo in
the XF86-config-4 file.

:P

Femme