On Thu, 02 May 2002 21:36:36 -0800
civileme <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> daRcmaTTeR wrote:
>
> >On Thu, 2 May 2002, Robin Turner wrote:
> >
> >>On Wednesday 01 May 2002 21:45, Myers, Dennis R NWO wrote:
> >>[snip]

> >>Not quite.  Back in the 18th and 19th centuries there was the East India
> >>Company, which successfully colonised most of the Indian subcontinent, and
> >>was only absorbed into the British Empire after a mutiny of its native
> >>soldiers resutled in unspeakable carnage. Presumably the moral is that
> >>Microsoft should merge with the American government to create MSUSA.
> >>
> >>Sir Robin
> >>

> >O, that was foul! just plain below the belt.

> >Want to buy your Pack or Services from MandrakeSoft?
> >Go to http://www.mandrakestore.com
> >
> Well, someone who cannot post to the list because his ISP is out picking
> daisies and not supplying reverse resolution sent me a missive pointing
> out that no one buys Windows.  It is a license one buys, nothing more.

hi Civileme.

uhm.. i do not agree with that part, nor do i think a proper trial would,
just like the case of that guy that god sued by Adobe for reselling.

"as long as the transaction has the form of a sell, it is a sell". period.

if "buying" a cd of any kind of product implied that license, then the
buyer should get to read a printed copy of the license or something,
before he made the purchase.

but if you just enter a shop, lay off some money and take a CD, then
you just bought a CD, and the bytes contained in it do not matter
until you put that CD in a reader device and read them.
there's no such thing as "when you buy that CD you are really buying a
license".

Namely put, as long as you do not put  the CD into a CD reader,
it technically is just a piece of plastic to you.

that's how that Adobe trial ended anyway..

Damian