From: Brian Parish [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Friday, May 03, 2002 8:42 AM
To: newbie
Subject: Re: [newbie] StarOffice 6 - the different perceptions explained

OK - This got a nice little flame war going, but didn't really address
the question.  Is anyone else using SO6 - not the other flavors - and
seeing the same behavior as I am?  A friend who just upgraded to 8.2 has
SO6 crashing on every doc file he's tried to open by any means so far.
Not my experience, but then he did UPGRADE, while I have done clean
installs.  Maybe it's all to do with some font settings or something.

Now if everyone who replies to this can please refrain from saying
anything vaguely antagonistic, it really would be nice to hear of some
comparable experiences.  I paid for this SW.  Just because I pay for
Windows and expect it to fail doesn't mean I will put up with it from
Sun.  Oops!  Shane you are SUCH a bad influence ;-)

Brian