On Fri, 03 May 2002 22:39:23 -0500, Mike Larson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> You might try www.hotpop.com for free pop/smtp/forwarding email or
> www.bigfoot.com for a free forwarding type email.
>
> I thought I had several others, but they started charging ( www.mail.com
> ) or dropped their Enlish language version ( www.gmx.com ). With today's
> dot bomb financial situation most free services have started charging or
> gone belly-up ( @home ). There is no such thing as a permanent email
> address, at least for free......and probably not even if you pay.

Yes, it's unfortunate. I think the simplest way is to buy your own domain name.
Buying dhanapalan.com only cost me US$29 for two years. That price was simply
for 'domain parking', so I got Virtual Avenue (http://www.virtualave.net) to
handle all my e-mail for that domain... for free. All mail going to
dhanapalan.com gets redirected to my ISP account, which I can access with any
POP client. It works brilliantly, plus I get 50MB of web hosting for free (which
I've never bothered to use).

The most important thing is that I own the whole domain, and I can do anything I
want with it. As long as I continue to renew it, it's mine.

--
Sridhar Dhanapalan

                        There's no place like ~