I actually have little against Windows - personally, I think XP is a fine OS
(best Windows by far yet, IMO). Where I take exception is the company itself
and its business practices.

If my printer worked properly in Linux (for some reason it works right off
the bat after I reboot or after I use printerdrake to install it (again) but
it stops working after about a half hour or so, most annoying), I would only
use Windows to play games. Now that OpenOffice 1.0 is out (a VERY NICE
product, not quite as powerful as Word but comparable), I don't even need to
use Office. :)

Strangely enough, my networking in Windows dies on me after about an hour of
being up (I have a cable modem and am always online) but under Linux, I have
zero problems with the networking. I have no clue how to go about fixing the
problem in Windows but when I had a similar problem in linux, was able to
resolve it in about 10 minutes - who says using Linux is harder? :)

And now that KDE 3.0 is out, I finally have a GUI in linux that I like. I
have no complaints whatsoever. :)

James

ps. I really need to switch email accounts (this is owned by Microsoft) but
it's so hard to do - anyone know of any free mail forwarding site that acts
as a sort of relay so if you change ISPs or email addresses, there are no
problems and no one has to be given a new address?

>I agree whole heartedly with you on this subject.
>The unfortunate part is that there appear to be no moderators on this
>list.
>
>I wish people would stop taking such a negative attitude to windows, we
>were all windows users at one point.
>
>NB
>
>On Thu, 2002-05-02 at 21:21, Nick Andriash wrote:
> > On Thursday, May 02 2002 at 05:17 PM PDT, you wrote:
> >
> > > A fool and his money are soon using Windows.
> >
> > I am/was beginning to experiment with Linux using Mandrake 8.2 but am
> > disheartened to see signatures such as yours. How typical of Linux
>Users...
> > and almost enough to make me gag and want to wipe Linux off my Computer.
> >
> > Tell me something Shane... Why do you feel Windows Users are fools? I
>use
> > Windows... am I a fool in your eyes? You don't even know me, so where do
> > you get off labelling me as one... and putting something like that in
>your
> > signature? No wonder Users are slow to try Linux, what with greetings
>like
> > yours. I am amazed that the List Moderators haven't said anything to
>you.
> >
> > --
> > Nick Andriash
> > Courtenay, B.C. Canada