Thomas Beno wrote:

> Lyvim Xaphir wrote:
>
>>On Sat, 2002-05-18 at 12:30, Graham Watkins wrote:
>>
>>>Realplayer 8 for Linux will play Internet Radio. I listen to BBC 6
>>>Music, BBC London Live and WYYB (The Phoenix) with it.
>>>
>>>--
>>>Graham Watkins
>>>

>>It will and I have it; however it will not decode Windows Media streams.
>>
>>LX
>>

> Does it give you a comparable list of available stations compared to
> Windows Media?
>
> Tom Beno

If you surf to http://realguide.real.com, you'll be able to search
Real.com's database of stations - they claim to have 2,500 to choose from.

How it compares to the choice on Windows Media Player, I couldn't really
say as it's such a bloated memory- hungry application, which caused my
system to crash when I tried to use some of its more ambitious features,
that I uninstalled it PDQ, and used Realplayer instead.

I did however, on one occasion, use the Windows player on someone else's
computer and couldn't receive most of my favourite stations.

--
Graham Watkins

For me, morning begins when I realize that the soft warm body curled up
next to me is a cat. (Kinky Friedman - Frequent Flyer)

Registered Linux user number 265254      http://counter.li.org