Jon Doe wrote:
> I'm with you, I know what its like not liking MS. But the point I'm
> trying to make is,
> 1. If you don't like the speed of linux use something else.

Or change Linux.

> This is not a personal attack, so please don't take it that way.
> I just get tired of hearing people bashing linux and saying well
> I can do it in windows. Great! Then use windows. Linux and windows are
> NOT
> the same OS. They don't work the same way, they don't call on hardware
> the same way and therefore can NOT be campared the same way.
> Apples are Apples and Oranges are Oranges. Would go to your
> grocer and say, hey I don't like these Apples they taste like oranges?
> Again Linux is NOT a replacement for Windows. As Linux is NOT a
> replacement
> for Unix or BSD.
> You can USE linux, just as you can USE windows or Unix or BSD.
> What you can't do, is expect Linux or Unix to work and act
> like Windows.

There are different levels to consider, but at several of those, yes,
you (or anyone) can expect to Linux to work and act like Windows.  Isn't
this somewhat the point of projects like Wine, Winex, Win4Lin, etc.?

Speaking of levels, I'd like Linux to have all the conveniences and
applications of Windows, but with none of the problems.  (I try not to
ask for too much ;-)

Have a good day!
Randy Kramer