Es Dissabte 08 Juny 2002 16:09, en Jon Doe va escriure:
> On Sat, 8 Jun 2002 08:39:28 -0500
>
> "Dan W. Dooley" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > I like the full featured aspect of KDE and though I haven't examined
> > Gnome that closely, it looks interesting.  I would not want to go to
> > something severely stripped down.  Not if I'm ever going to think in
> > terms of a Windows replacement, which I'd like to think of.
>
> I am sure I'll get flamed for this, but I don't think Linux is a
> "replacement" for Windows. Linux is a robust *nix clone. I think you can
> "use" Linux instead of Windows.
> But I personally hope that Linux is never a "replacement" for Windows. I
> don't like Windows and don't want Linux to be just like Windows.

Linux is for me an easy, unexpensive, strong and quick way of doing
everything.  I don't play games often, and I don't need to make "backups" of
protected CDs so I'm using *almost* linux since april 2000.  From 1992 to
april 2000 i've been using IBM's OS/2 (purchased 2.11, 3 and 4), but IBM has
discontinued supporting it.

So linux is not a windows' replacement for me.  I've never needed to use
windows  ;)

--
   Joan Tur. Eivissa-Balears
   AOL quini2k  ICQ 11407395