A few thing I would change would be in Gnome... When you click a tar.gz
file it automagically opens it... no having to setup a program to run when
clicked. Also a .gnome-desktop sym-link such as Gnome-desktop in your
/home/user/ directory would be nice.
I disagree with the Opera thing.. not that it's a bad browser or anything,
but it is closed source... maybe an extra's cd filled with all closed
source code, but I don't think it should be mixed together. The beauty is
knowing I can do whatever I want with a standard 2 disc install and not
have to worry about violating patents or getting in trouble. THis is one
thing I admire about Debian.
These things would make life easier on newbies I believe... I customize my
box from scratch so it doesn;t matter to me and I learn alot doing it.
Nvidia/flash install helper.... not a bad idea, but those things are easy
to install...
Mandrake Icons... yeah, they are not that great.. I like the connective
crystal Icon theme, very nice... but I am not to concerned with things
like that.