[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

>I disagree with the Opera thing.. not that it's a bad browser or anything,
>but it is closed source... maybe an extra's cd filled with all closed
>source code, but I don't think it should be mixed together. The beauty is
>knowing I can do whatever I want with a standard 2 disc install and not
>have to worry about violating patents or getting in trouble. THis is one
>thing I admire about Debian.

AFAIK, this is the case with 8.2 - the standard download edition (2 or 3
CDs, depending one whether you want the /contrib stuff) is now
completely Open Source (which is why there are still a few little things
you may need to download after installation, like closed-source
drivers).  The last proprietary application in Mandrake was, I believe,
Netscape 4.something, which has now been replaced by Mozilla.  If you
want the proprietary software as well, there's the PowerPack.

Sir Robin