robin wrote:

> D. Olson wrote:
>

>> So... Companies are starting to support us. Now we need to support them.
>>
>> Now, I totally DISAGREE with the whole "Linux users are stingy
>> bastards" point you and that software developer make.
>>
> Well, I didn't say that _all_ Linux users were stingy, but that is the
> reputation we have, and I think there is something in it.

 From my point of view, I'm happy that Linux software gives me a chance
to look at it graatis.  If they then charge, as long as the price is
reasonable, I'm willing to pay.  "The labourer is worthy of his hire".
I installed Mandrake from a magazine disc, liked it, and have now
ordered disks from MandrakeSoft.

PC software must be the only business in which the customer is expected
to put down sizeable chunks of cash, without knowing whether it will do
what is required (or even run at all on his hardware) and having no
chance of getting his money back if it doesn't.

The Linux model benefits us, and I agree that we should give whatever
support we can in return.

Anne