---------------------------------
[32] Giggsy speaks
---------------------------------
Posted Friday, May 11, 2001 by bar-knee:
"Good riddance to the Dell. After a decade of playing at the Dell, I should make my
final appearance there on Sunday as Southampton prepare to move to a new stadium. I
have to say I won't miss the place as it was such a hard ground to go. I think United
lost three years in a row there recently. I didn't enjoy playing there as it was a
tight little ground with the fans really close to the pitch. I think Southampton will
really lose  something when they move, as the atmosphere at the Dell always seemed  to
give them an advantage.  My worst memory from playing at the Dell has to be the grey
shirts fiasco five years ago. We were in a title race with Newcastle when we went
there in April 1996 and found ourselves 3-0 down at half-time.  The gaffer wanted us
to change our grey shirts to blue ones at half- time. We pulled a goal back, but still
lost the game 3-1.

My best memories of the Dell were winning the title there last season, when we beat
Southampton 3-0, and then in 1992 when Dion Dublin scored in the last minute of the
game for us to get our season back on track after a bad start. We went on to win our
first title in  26 years that season."

Nice.

---------------------------------
[31] Scouser on United
---------------------------------
Posted Friday, May 11, 2001 by bar-knee:
Old story first but so good why not read it again!

Jamie Carragher: 'United were heading for a  Champions League game against Inter
Milan, while we were flying to  France for a friendly against a non-League team. It
was a couple of  years ago and if anything underlined the contrast in the standing of
the two sides, it was that.  It was a chance meeting. We did not know they would be
there. But it  really hit home to the lads how far behind them we had fallen. It was
horrible and the one thing we don't want is to return to those days.

The rivalry between us and United is such that it hurt all of us to
realise we were so far adrift. It is fair enough to say they had to
watch us dominate the game in the Seventies and Eighties and that it
is their turn now, but we don't intend sitting around and accepting
it.

Maybe it is because Manchester United decided to pull out for last
season, but I certainly don't subscribe to the belief that it no
longer has glamour."

And what talk of Utd-Scousers getting on so well for England. Yeah, right.

---------------------------------
[30] Raimond on next season
---------------------------------
Posted Friday, May 11, 2001 by bar-knee:
"I don't know what will happen yet. I don't know how the boss will see it. I think
it's always important to have an experienced goalkeeper in the squad. I think if you
are a young goalkeeper it's always good to have experienced and good goalkeepers
around you because they can learn a lot from the older players."

---------------------------------
[29] Raimond on his goals
---------------------------------
Posted Friday, May 11, 2001 by bar-knee:
Raimond van der Gouw:

"Fabien Barthez has had a fantastic season so I've played fewer games than last
season. But I've still been involved and it's still a great feeling when I play. I
also still have a chance of getting my medal which means I will have played 10 games.
You don't get many opportunities to get a championship medal and so for me it is very
important."

---------------------------------
[28] Tier Two commandos request
---------------------------------
Posted Friday, May 11, 2001 by bar-knee:
>From TTC

'Take a chance on us. Join the T2C

We all know that the 'fanzone' (sic) is not what it might be. The T2C are working as
hard as we can to turn things round. As always, we need your help as fans.

Club to reconfigure Tier 2?

T2C membership is already at over 500 and growing rapidly. We do try and make a
difference, even when we're surrounding by baffling butty eater types who'd be much
better off in the North Stand. Several of our executive officers have been in an
extensive dialogue with the club, and we are still hopeful of getting a
reconfiguration of Tier 2 for next season (if we've not all been told to f**k off!)
whereby ALL SINGERS CAN SIT TOGETHER IN ONE SECTION OF THE STAND.

(Early indications from the club suggest that they are WELL UP for this if we can tell
them who wants to be a part of it).

Relocate to tier 2?

With this in mind, all those active singers from whatever part of the ground who would
like to join us should send us their details ASAP so we can let the club know how many
people we want to relocate. Whilst itís not a foregone conclusion that the club will
actually come good and perform the kind of actions that Mr Kenyon said we should judge
him by, we have to work towards positive goals.

Volunteer!

Those on the internet can volunteer for the Tier 2 Commandos by going to
http:www.emaillists.org/ttc/  for a membership form,

emailing: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Those with season tickets in other parts of  the ground who'd like to move to T2 and
join, should also send us their details.

Club members

Club members who wish to be on a singers list allocated day tickets in tier 2 should
also send in their details, as normally those who ask for T2 get North and vice versa.
We are working with the club to have a list of 'active singers' amongst members, so
that they can be allocated seats in tier 2.

WE WILL NOT SHARE YOUR INDENTITES WITH THE CLUB AT ANY STAGE.

Your details will be anonymised and used to indicate what parts of the ground and how
many, not who you are.

Things might be pants at the moment, but the only way to improve things is to get on
and deal with it, rather than sitting around griping. You know where we are...

---------------------------------
[27] Wilson on his way out?
---------------------------------
Posted Friday, May 11, 2001 by bar-knee:
Word on Sir Matt Busby Way is that Mark Wilson has apparently played his last game for
Utd and will be on his way in the close season. Talk of a big bust-up with the Gaffer.

---------------------------------
[26] FA on...Twickers (sic)
---------------------------------
Posted Friday, May 11, 2001 by bar-knee:
FA spokesman Paul Newman said: "We are involved in continuing discussions all the time
with a number of stadiums around the country, including Twickenham. Much of that is to
do with the issue about England being on the road for the next three and a half years.
It is not a case of picking up our bags and never returning to Cardiff. We have every
confidence it will be a great cup final. We are all going to sit down and talk about
how the event goes. We have a three-year contract for three cup finals and three
Charity Shields with the option of extending it for another two years."

---------------------------------
[25] On and on O'Dreary goes
---------------------------------
Posted Friday, May 11, 2001 by bar-knee:
"I loved the Champions League and I can't wait for more of it. That's why I am so
jealous of Manchester United who have been in it year in and year out because it is
the one to be in. That's not to say the Uefa Cup is a step back. I will go away on
holiday this summer quite delighted to be in the Uefa Cup, although if you ask me
which one I would really like to be in then it's the Champions League.

To say we've played 18 matches in the competition this season is absolutely fantastic,
and I pushed the players all the way. I could not have got any more out of them.
Obviously, I didn't like getting beaten on Tuesday - I don't like getting beaten in
anything - and I felt the defeat more this time as a manager rather than when I was a
player.

I suppose losing two semi-finals in two years is not a bad record and shows we're
going in the right direction - and I hope it's third time lucky - but I know I won't
rest until I get to the final and win it. It took Alex Ferguson a long, long time to
win it. I tried to do it in my first year, but I didn't, so I will keep trying because
it is the ultimate."

---------------------------------
[24] Fergie wants Yonners up
---------------------------------
Posted Friday, May 11, 2001 by bar-knee:
But first Joe Royle:

"The way Big Sam has juggled his resources and kept them going right  through the
campaign makes him, in my book, a candidate for the  manager of the season. Bolton are
a club I like and have an affection for and I hope they  make it through the
play-offs. They had it tough last season when  they lost to Ipswich at the same stage
and I will be keeping my  fingers crossed for them. At least they go into the games
with play-off experience behind  them and that can be very important in games which
are seldom pretty  to watch and very high in the tension stakes."

Fergie:

"I would love to see Sam Allardyce get into the Premiership. I know him well and he is
Bolton through and through. He  has done a fantastic job there. Having lost City again
from the top flight it would be great to get  a local derby on the calendar. I think
that would be great for the  region. Sam has got the qualities to do well in the
Premiership if he makes  it and they have a major chance. I believe they will make the
play- off final by beating West Brom. After that anything is possible and I would like
to wish them all  the best and hope we are playing them next season."

---------------------------------
[23] New Forum Schmorum
---------------------------------
Posted Friday, May 11, 2001 by redend:
Some people have had trouble accessing the new forum through the "Red Talk" link on
the main menu above.

If you do not see two links - "NEW FORUM" & "OLD FORUM" then this is probably because
your browser is "caching" the old page. You need to click on the page using the right
mouse button and select "refresh" or if it still doesn't work then try pasting this
address into your browser first:
http://www.rednews.co.uk/redtalk/index.html

And if you still can't get it sorted then send us a message to:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

---------------------------------
[22] More from Ruud
---------------------------------
Posted Friday, May 11, 2001 by bar-knee:
"This is a great team by anyone's standards. Personally, I believe they are capable of
winning any competition they are in. Yes, the quarter-final defeat was a
disappointment, but these things can happen in football. But if you're asking me
whether Manchester United can win the European Cup next season, I would say yes. This
is one of the great clubs. They are certainly capable of proving it again, as they
have done before.

People like Overmars and Bergkamp, who are in a position to compare different leagues
in Europe, said some very positive things and I was very excited by what I saw myself.
I like the way most teams seem to fight for three points, to go for victory. I've
never believed a football match should be like a game of chess."

---------------------------------
[21] Ruud confident
---------------------------------
Posted Friday, May 11, 2001 by bar-knee:
"I haven't yet played against the top English teams, but I have played in the
Champions League which I believe is of a similar standard. And in my 15 appearances in
the Champions League, I scored 10 goals. So I am pretty confident I can score goals
and create chances for my team-mates as well," he told United magazine.

"Also, I see the likes of David Beckham and Ryan Giggs at United, and the
opportunities they create for strikers, and I must admit I relish the opportunity of
playing alongside them. For a forward, it's a very exciting team to play in."

---------------------------------
[20] Latest team news for Soton
---------------------------------
Posted Friday, May 11, 2001 by bar-knee:
>From Ananova

'Manchester United look like being without most of their big names as they face
Southampton at The Dell on Sunday. Fabien Barthez, David Beckham, Jaap Stam, Paul
Scholes, Wes Brown, the suspended Roy Keane and Gary Neville are all set to take a
break.

Sir Alex Ferguson plans to rest as many of his international players as possible ahead
of the forthcoming World Cup qualifying games. With Barthez out, veteran goalkeepers
Andy Goram and Raimond van der Gouw will come into the reckoning and each could play
part of the game.'

(oh no, not like Coventry)

'Sir Alex will not confirm his line-up until Sunday but looks set to stick to last
week's back four of Denis Irwin, Ronnie Wallwork, Ronny Johnsen and Phil Neville, with
Luke Chadwick and Michael Stewart in midfield.

Quinton Fortune is another likely to be in the reckoning after returning from
international duty with South Africa and Dwight Yorke and Teddy Sheringham look to be
favourites to lead the attack.

Meanwhile, Southampton defender Tahar El Khalej is struggling to recover from injury
in time for the visit of Premiership champions Manchester United to The Dell on Sunday.

El Khalej missed last weekend's 3-0 defeat at West Ham with a groin strain and is
still troubled by the injury.

Romanian international Dan Petrescu is sidelined by a groin problem that has ruled him
out for the last four matches.

But midfielder Mark Draper is back in contention for a place after returning to
training following a back injury while striker Uwe Rosler is fit despite needing six
stitches in a head wound suffered at West Ham.

Team (from): Goram, Van der Gouw, Irwin, Wallwork, Johnsen, P Neville, Chadwick,
Stewart, Butt, Fortune, Giggs, Sheringham, Yorke, Silvestre, Cole, Wilson, Solskjaer.

Team (from): Jones, Dodd, Lundekvam, Richards, Bridge, Tessem, Oakley, Marsden,
Kachloul, Pahars, Beattie, Davies, Draper, Le Tissier, Benali, Rosler, Gibbens,
Bleidelis, Moss.'

---------------------------------
[19] Fergie wants to spend more
---------------------------------
Posted Friday, May 11, 2001 by bar-knee:
"It's not a case of if but when we sign more new players. We have to get them or we
will go backwards. More and more of my players have said the same. They realise we
need fresh blood and top quality. When we get the players we want I'm confident of
having a squad capable of
making a challenge in Europe. I only bought in one major player a year ago, while five
seniors left. So this is a time for rebuilding and that is what I intend."

---------------------------------
[18] Last derby today
---------------------------------
Posted Friday, May 11, 2001 by bar-knee:
>From official site

'United Reserves could complete a hat-trick of Senior Cup triumphs when they take on
Manchester City at Old Trafford this evening. The Reds have won the competition in the
past two years, beating Oldham Athletic at Boundary Park in both the 1999 and 2000
finals. Fans can attend tonight's match by paying at the turnstiles, while MUTV will
show the action live from kick-off at 7pm.'

---------------------------------
[17] Viera gutted this season
---------------------------------
Posted Friday, May 11, 2001 by bar-knee:
"If you win the Cup it is a day you never forget, and we need to win it, firstly for
the fans, because they deserve it, and secondly for us, because we have to win
something. But we don't believe we have achieved what we had hoped for this season."

---------------------------------
[16] Redknapp for Soton
---------------------------------
Posted Friday, May 11, 2001 by bar-knee:
"I've not spoken to their chairman Rupert Lowe. But I would be happy to discuss it if
he were to call me."

---------------------------------
[15] Lessons not learnt
---------------------------------
Posted Friday, May 11, 2001 by bar-knee:
>From the Guardian

'FIFA have pointed the finger of blame for the latest African football
stadium disaster directly at officials and match organisers on the continent.  And, in
a warning which could have worrying ramifications for African hopes of staging the
2010 World Cup, FIFA president Sepp Blatter claimed "there is disturbing evidence to
indicate" that the lessons of previous disasters "are apparently not being learnt
everywhere".

A stampede at a packed game between two of Ghana's top teams in Accra
killed at least 126 people, in the fourth - and deadliest - soccer tragedy to strike
Africa in a month. It was sparked when police fired tear gas on a group of rioting
fans.

Elsewhere, 43 people were killed on April 11 at Johannesburg's Ellis Park stadium in
South Africa when fans stampeded at a game between Kaiser Chiefs and Orlando Pirates.

Another stampede on April 29 killed eight people in Lubumbashi, Congo and on May 6,
fighting broke out among fans at a soccer match in Ivory Coast, killing one person and
injuring 39.

Blatter reflected: "The stadium disasters at Johannesburg's Ellis Park some of weeks
ago and now more recently again in Congo, Iran and Ghana brought chilling reminders of
incidents in recent years, not least the Hillsborough tragedy of 1989.  The parallels
between these incidents were too striking to be ignored.  While Hillsborough led
ultimately to changes in stadium design and a trouble-free Euro 96 in England, and the
Bastia tragedy of 1992 prompted tighter restrictions on temporary grandstands and a
safe France 98, there is disturbing evidence to indicate that the lessons are
apparently not being learnt everywhere.

Building safe and modern stadiums - without death-trap fences - is one
thing. Managing them properly is another. Such management presupposes honest practice
and diligence on the part of those in positions of
responsibility.  Even the world's most finely conceived stadium will struggle to
withstand the force of several thousand people allowed to force their way into a space
designed for the comfort of a lesser number."

It is too easy - and wrong - to point to the fans as the cause of the
trouble; their enthusiasm is a characteristic of football that we know and that makes
the game what it is.  We want fans to want to go to matches, and we want them to be
able to do so in safety and in comfort. The onus is upon the people receiving these
fans at the stadium. The level of individual responsibility cannot be set too high.
Each tragedy teaches us a lesson. Not all of these lessons are new, however, but
merely repeats of what should have been learnt already."

---------------------------------
[14] Fergie on rivals for next season
---------------------------------
Posted Friday, May 11, 2001 by bar-knee:
"What will be different for the other teams, apart from perhaps Arsenal, next season
is they'll be faced with the pressure of expectation and I don't know how they'll live
up to that. Everybody seems to be expecting Leeds to win the league and those who
don't think it'll be Liverpool instead. The seasons they've had may well be their best
ever, but that's only because nobody expected them to do so well and, as I say,
expectation is a different platter altogether. They may have done well this year, but
they've got to improve next season. Everybody expects them to do that, but we'll see
whether they can live up to the expectation."

---------------------------------
[13] Whilst the Mirror reports
---------------------------------
Posted Friday, May 11, 2001 by bar-knee:
that next year's FA Cup Final could be moved to Twickenham if Cardiff can't sort out
problems with the pitch. Can't see the rugby folk allowing us lumpen to go on their
doorstep though...

---------------------------------
[12] Tabloid nonsense
---------------------------------
Posted Friday, May 11, 2001 by bar-knee:
Way too much coverage of Arse-Scousers for my liking but we notice that the SUN
carries an ad from the British Potato Council saying 'Vote Potato' - but why no
picture of Joe Royle alongside?

The SUN also reports of David Beckham, 50, from Rotherham who has had to change his
phone number to ex-directory as so many people are ringing him up for a chat.

---------------------------------
[11] Eric is OK
---------------------------------
Posted Friday, May 11, 2001 by redend:
But are Eric's powers waning? Picture below shows Eric failing to walk on water. But
then it was just after his jet-ski smash.

---------------------------------
[10] Figo fancies England - but only at the end of his bloody career
---------------------------------
Posted Friday, May 11, 2001 by bar-knee:
Luis Figo speaking to BBC Choice:

"I have a special affection for Manchester, because I have always
liked them a lot. Like any player I would like to be able to play in the great
European teams, of course.  I would like to play for a year in England - we'll have to
see  whether or not that will be possible.

Of course I understand their position, in the sense that I have gone  to a rival team,
and I understand how they may feel about it.  I spent five fantastic years at
Barcelona, where, on a personal and  professional level, things went really well for
me and of course I  have good memories of my time at Barcelona. And now I am here
(Real Madrid) and I will do my best to make sure  the years I spend here are positive
and give the best I can to help  the club to win as many trophies as possible. But I
can understand the fans' attitude as long as people keep the  respect there needs to
be in sport."

Well, right now I don't intend to stay tied to football, I would
like to go into the hotel business and have more time for my family."

---------------------------------
[9] Sarcasm against Scousers - we like it
---------------------------------
Posted Friday, May 11, 2001 by bar-knee:
Chelsea defender Marcel Desaill:

"I have to note that Heskey failed to break my leg when he came in with an insane
tackle on me! I was completely groggy, it is not possible to be tackled like that from
behind by an attacker! But there wasn't a card, nor a remonstration from the referee
who was just happy to whistle for a foul. I'm still happy though and I'm making a
point of stressing that I don't want to say anything bad about Heskey. He is
accustomed to playing like that, he only made use of the traditional laxity of the
English referees. My tibia, on the other hand, remembers it well."

Probably go over the heads of every Scouser...

---------------------------------
[8] More on the Scholes kid
---------------------------------
Posted Friday, May 11, 2001 by bar-knee:
>From the official site

'ManUtd.com's congratulations go to Paul and Claire Scholes, who have announced the
birth of their new daughter, Alicia. Paul has missed the last couple of games on
paternity leave, and Claire presented him with Alicia, a sister to one-year-old Aaron,
on Wednesday. Best wishes from all at United to the newly-extended Scholes family.'

---------------------------------
[7] O'Dreary on Smith
---------------------------------
Posted Friday, May 11, 2001 by bar-knee:
And anyone notice how he's tried to act all Presedential after their defeat on Tuesday
- appearing before the Bayern-Real game on ITV. What has O'Leary won - and not only is
he turning people against him with his kidology but if I hear one more: "great season,
great team, great competition, Des Lynam I love you, great kids" I will vomit all over
him.

---------------------------------
[6] Oops, baby I did it again
---------------------------------
Posted Friday, May 11, 2001 by bar-knee:
(shut out B.Spears images in my head...).

I made a mistake regarding the old membership price -  this years price was actually
£15.00 for adults and £10.00 for juniors, but still an unfair 20% rise in one go if
this year will see it go to £18. But they know people will pay it...

---------------------------------
[5] Jordi on Scousers
---------------------------------
Posted Friday, May 11, 2001 by bar-knee:
"I think there's a lot of optimism around Alaves at the moment. I think we're quite up
about the final. You know sometimes it's a nice thing to be a very small club.
Everybody believes Liverpool should be the winners. Historically they should be, but
we'll give it a shot and we'll be a hard rival for Liverpool. At least, we'll make it
hard for them." It's a great opportunity for Alaves. I think most players, I think 90
per cent of the Alaves team had never played a final, not even a Spanish final or
something like that, so everyone realises it's a once in a lifetime occasion.

It is a very spectacular season for Alaves, but overall everyone knows it is the big
ones against the big teams that are important, and we've had great results. We do
normally have good results against the big teams, for example we beat Valencia home
and away."

---------------------------------
[4] Bizarre way to plug the Celtic-Utd game live on Channel 5
---------------------------------
Posted Friday, May 11, 2001 by bar-knee:
Ananova story

'Channel 5 will show Celtic's friendly match against Manchester United next week,
despite BBC claims that Parkhead has rats. BBC Scotland fears rats in the Lisbon Lions
Stand have made TV cabling unsafe, which could put workers' lives at risk. Celtic have
found no rats or evidence of them ahead of the game, which is a testimonial for Tommy
Boyd. The club said officials would carry on checking to allay broadcasters' safety
fears, according to the Glasgow Evening Times.'

---------------------------------
[3] The usual Red News plea/beg!
---------------------------------
Posted Friday, May 11, 2001 by bar-knee:
Help Red News and the web site and get stuck into these offers

1) Latest Red News an end of season bumper special - issue 77 - very few copies left.
For details how to order via post contact us at [EMAIL PROTECTED]

2) You can order - going fast - the seven available issues from this season in the UK
for the bargain price of £7 including postage. Details from the same e.mail address

3) The Best of Red News - 1987-2001 - will be published this summer and if you would
like to order a copy and to have your name listed in tbe book as a subscriber then
contact us also at [EMAIL PROTECTED]

---------------------------------
[2] He left because nobody understood him?
---------------------------------
Posted Friday, May 11, 2001 by bar-knee:
Harry Redknapp quote before he left West Ham - he was talking about fans barracking
Michael Carrick

"Everyone fucking jumps all over you. They don't care he's just 19.
When he gave the ball away the other week there was twenty thousand
people cunting him off. He give a bad ball and they are all fucking
"weeeerrrr"."

Translation - no idea!

---------------------------------
[1] Jip Jaap Stam is a big Dutch man
---------------------------------
Posted Friday, May 11, 2001 by bar-knee:
And a hero as well for Utd - but even we have to say it's a bit dodgy for Harper
Collins to be releasing this autumn his autobiography...?!

---------------------------------
[32] Giggs on Celtic game
---------------------------------
Posted Thursday, May 10, 2001 by bar-knee:
"There's no reason why massive clubs..."

(not city?)

"...like Manchester United and Celtic can't keep players for a length of time. But I
think that developing their own players is the key. For someone like myself, who came
through the ranks at Old Trafford, you grow up supporting the team and developing a
real loyalty towards the club.  It will be the same for any young Celtic supporter
breaking into the first team. For them, moving anywhere else would be a downward step.
That's certainly the way I would feel if I ever had to leave Old Trafford and it's the
same for guys like David Beckham and Gary Neville.

The last time I played at Celtic Park was for Paul McStay's testimonial and, although
there was still one end missing, it was a very impressive stadium. I still have the
bruises from the last time I played against Tom. Even though he kicked me up and down
the park, I have a lot of respect for him.  If you look at the Scotland national team
over the last seven or eight years, he's rarely been out of it and that shows just
what a top player he is. He's a fair old age now but the fact that he's still up there
lifting trophies shows he must still be doing something right.

Celtic were always going to be my first choice when I was given a testimonial. The
fans are renowned for leaving a big impression wherever they go.  There's also a
definite connection between the two clubs and particularly the two sets of supporters
that makes these matches really nice to be involved in. The main thing you want is a
good game for the fans because the worst thing in a testimonial match is when you have
two teams playing without any real interest.

I don't see that happening with these games, though. There will be two strong teams
really going for it and the fact it's English champions against Scottish champions
will definitely give the game some extra spice."

---------------------------------
[31] The only action it has seen all season?
---------------------------------
Posted Thursday, May 10, 2001 by bar-knee:
PA

'A couple have been caught by a policeman having sex on the centre spot at the
Carlisle United football ground. The pair, in their 40s, had their names taken and
were spoken to by the officer but police don't plan to press charges. Friends say the
couple were fulfilling a life-long ambition at the club they both support.

A policeman was sent to investigate a suspected break in at Brunton Park, the home of
the Nationwide Division Three club. A spokesman for Cumbria police confirmed: "An
officer was called to a report that trespassers had entered the Carlisle United
grounds ... He went to investigate and I can confirm that he discovered a courting
couple on the hallowed turf."

It's unclear whether the management at Brunton Park will take action for trespass,
Carlisle paper The News & Star reports. The paper contacted the woman, who says she
doesn't think United's management will be pressing charges. She says her boyfriend - a
season ticket holder - is in no danger of losing his seat. Nobody at the ground would
comment - except to say they hope to send the couple a copy of the CCTV video .'

For once - someone scores at Carlisle! (boom, boom).

---------------------------------
[30] Is this the reason Red News has a new forum?
---------------------------------
Posted Thursday, May 10, 2001 by bar-knee:
>From Ananova

'Websites are turning into a sex aid among many Thai women who are embarrassed by the
subject. Chat rooms and message boards have seen an increasing number of female
visitors engaging in sexual discussions. Webmasters say women are attracted by the
confidentiality of the internet and the freedom of speech guaranteed by cyberspace.

Vassana Noycharoen, a secretary, said: "I prefer the internet because it is very
personal and confidential, and I get what I want to know every time." Pranmanee
Pitaksith, an export-company owner, said: "I find it awkward to open a book on sex,
but the Internet gives me the privacy I want"

The Straits Times compared the trend in Thailand to the results of a survey carried
out by British magazine Eve. More than 1,100 people took part in an online
questionnaire on internet sex sites. The magazine found that four out of 10 women
surfed internet sex sites and the majority of those said they did so to enhance an
existing relationship.'