---------------------------------
[40] Sorry to say it's true
---------------------------------
Posted Friday, May 18, 2001 by bar-knee:
Fergie as we said has told MUTV that he will sever all ties with Manchester United at
the end of next season.

As the Jam would say 'The Bitterest Pill (I ever had to swallow)'

Can't believe it after all that was said by the PLC about keeping Fergie. Our Martin
didn't seem to try hard enough to keep him as manager, then on after he would retire.
Cuddly Peter gave us early positive vibes - words, not action is all they seem to be...

---------------------------------
[39] Paddy Harverson gets in touch
---------------------------------
Posted Friday, May 18, 2001 by bar-knee:
Regarding earlier letter from Julian:

Paddy told Red News: "I saw the letter from Julian on your site. I am happy to say
that the story in the Mirror is untrue."

---------------------------------
[38] Gary Nev signs new deal Friday afternoon
---------------------------------
Posted Friday, May 18, 2001 by bar-knee:
Below is Utd press release just issued - announced today. Suspicious moi?

'Manchester United is delighted to announce that the club has agreed terms with Gary
Neville on a new six-year contract with the club up to and including July 2007.

Peter Kenyon, chief executive, says:

"We are extremely pleased to have reached an agreement with Gary on a new contract. He
has played such a big part in United's achievements in the past eight years, and so it
is great news that he will stay with us now until 2007."

Sir Alex Ferguson says: "I am delighted that Gary has agreed to a new deal. He has
been a great servant to the club since he joined us, and as part of that wonderful
crop of young players who emerged in the early 1990s he has contributed so much to the
team's recent unmatched run of success."

Gary Neville says: "I am really excited to have agreed a new deal. I have been here
since I was 11, and fully intend to see out my career as a Red. We have had fantastic
success at the club during my time, and I look forward to enjoying even more in the
years to come."

Gary Neville was born on 18 February, 1975

He joined Manchester United on schoolboy forms in July 1991, and made his debut in
September 1992 at the age of 17.  Since then he has made 299 appearances for the club,
scoring 3 goals.  During his career he has won League Championships in 1996, 1997,
1999, 2000 and 2001 and two FA Cup winners' medals in 1996 and 1999 - as well as the
European Cup in 1999."

Quick note PLC - who was in charge for all those wins? Hm, let's think about it shall
we...

---------------------------------
[37] One set of rumours we can knock on the head right now
---------------------------------
Posted Friday, May 18, 2001 by bar-knee:
Thankfully is the silly season talk that Fergie will leave at the end of this season,
after the Spurs game and hinted at in a few media reports today. As we said earlier,
he wouldn't leave us, the fans and Paddy Harverson replied to our invitation to dispel
these rumours as he told us:

"He is not leaving at the end of this season. He is stepping down as manager in May
2002, as we have always said."

---------------------------------
[36] Fergie to confirm Red News World Exclusive tonight?
---------------------------------
Posted Friday, May 18, 2001 by steaming:
Apparently at 6pm tonight, Fergie is appearing on MUTV telling the world (well, about
5 of us) that he will walk away from United in 1 years time and sever all ties with
the club.  Official.  Basically confirms our Tuesday story, but its gonna blow
tonight...

So over to you PLC - why, why, why?!

Oh and by the way - where did you hear this first?

---------------------------------
[35] Tier 2 meeting
---------------------------------
Posted Friday, May 18, 2001 by bar-knee:
We hear news of the meeting between supporters (in particular representing Tier 2
Commandos - GezM, Deepak) and Paddy Harveson, Ken Ramsden & Karl Evans (Ticket Office
Supremo).

More details to follow but basically it was with regard to transfers of vocal fans
into Stretford End Tier 2 and also to allow movement of supporters from the edges into
the core section of Stretford End T2.

The outcome was looking very positive but will have to wait for confirmation of the
details. Check back later.

Well done to the lads  - especially GezM whose made T2 a personal crusade and Deepak
the trip fixer (that'll be Euro travel you hippies).

---------------------------------
[34] Red News readers' letter to Peter Kenyon
---------------------------------
Posted Friday, May 18, 2001 by bar-knee:
This in from RN reader Julian - which he has sent urgently today to Peter Kenyon

"For the urgent attention of MR PETER KENYON

As a Manchester United Plc. Shareholder, I must insist that Mr Kenyon confirms or
denies as a matter of urgency the import of an article which appears in today's Daily
Mirror (internet edition) under the heading "Money Men May Force Out Fergie" in which
it is claimed that the Club has informed Sir Alex Ferguson that there will be no money
available for new players and that any such capital will be reserved for Sir Alex's
successor next year.

Should the article be accurate would Mr Kenyon then please explain why he has
reportedly made reference on several occasions recently to the prospect of new players
being brought to the club in the near future.

Julian D"

---------------------------------
[33] You read it here first - Red News Exclusive
---------------------------------
Posted Friday, May 18, 2001 by bar-knee:
It's the biggest United story to break in some time, and talk is now that the Mirror
will go with this in an interview with Fergie on Saturday morning. Red News was
informed by sources in the know early this week and carried the world exclusive. Don't
suppose - www.rednews.co.uk will get acknowledged for this - but we know, you know -
so that's what counts [We are talking utter Bollox here of course].

Our story on Monday Night / Tuesday morning was:

[1] RED NEWS EXCLUSIVE: Fergie to be snubbed by PLC
---------------------------------
Posted Tuesday, May 15, 2001
Look out for this to be picked up in the press etc. later - credit to
www.rednews.co.uk please.

We hear from a cast iron source that Fergie is set to be snubbed by the board as yet
another chink appears in the Glasnost armour of "New MU". Lets hope there is a change
of heart on this one because rumblings of discontent have been growing this season
with Kenyon so far failing to deliver anything new over the  big issues like the
standing row in Tier 2 & elsewhere, atmosphere generally and ticket prices.

News reaches us from a reliable source that following Sir Alex Ferguson's retirement,
the club will not be offering him a place on the board of either the plc or the
football club. Neither will he even be offered an ambassadorial role for the club.

The fact that this story has come from such sources will be seen by many as a sign
that Fergie is not happy at all. Whether he would have taken up such an offer is
another matter altogether. This can only be seen as a snub to the architect of all the
recent success on the pitch - and off it too.

Still - maybe they'll have yet another change of heart on this issue now? It probably
depends how much of a stink is kicked up. Well - we've done our bit because we
absolutely honk (Euro Away Sleeping in a wardrobe style).

Permission is granted to quote RED NEWS articles on condition that they are clearly
credited to "www.rednews.co.uk". If in doubt - contact us at
[EMAIL PROTECTED]'

Sadly we're not happy about our exclusive because of its content - for if Fergie has
not been offered the role we thought on retirement (and one that Midani once told Red
News staff would, in his eyes, be offered to Fergie) not only is talk of a new era a
load of crap but it's a move that only shows that it's new faces at the PLC, but the
same Our Martin type hamfisted long term policy.

---------------------------------
[32] True Reds who are shareholders - do your duty
---------------------------------
Posted Friday, May 18, 2001 by bar-knee:
Considering all the goings-on in recent days and the intense speculation - many of it
just that - any Reds out there with Utd shares who haven't joined SU should do so now
- for a say in the running of the club and to give us all a chance to tell the PLC
that until we start acting like Barca, Real off the pitch how can we be considered a
match for them on it...

Go to (link:http://www.shareholdersunited.org/) http://www.shareholdersunited.org/

Real, Juve, Barca, Inter, AC, Bayern are all planning buying sprees this summer - over
to you cuddly Peter.

---------------------------------
[31] Birdman on the Forum
---------------------------------
Posted Friday, May 18, 2001 by steaming:
Check out the Birdman's latest chirping on the Forum. An excellent effort on the
Plastic Treble based on "Panic".

>From the top menu click on "Red Talk" and the "New Forum".

---------------------------------
[30] Spurs want Teddy back
---------------------------------
Posted Friday, May 18, 2001 by bar-knee:
Hoddle said: "We know Teddy might be available and he's somebody I have admired as a
player for many years. He's just won Player of the Year and it doesn't matter about
his age to me - I think we need that type of player, with the experience to help the
youngsters.

We will play a young team again because we have 12 experienced professionals missing.
I can't ask boys to do a man's job, but it won't do us any favours if United play a
lesser side. It's wonderful experience for these boys and if they get hammered they'll
learn lessons from that."

Optimistic talk!