RED NEWS - MUFC Daily News by Email.
For the very latest news, the fans forum, and more,
check out the website at http://www.rednews.co.uk

[43] Trust us with our exclusive yesterday
---------------------------------
Posted Friday, January 25, 2002 by bar-knee:
Pre-season is to be a 4 team tournament in Amsterdam with Ajax. Despite other rumours
you may hear, remember what Red News told you first - it WILL take place.

---------------------------------
[42] IMUSA request
---------------------------------
Posted Friday, January 25, 2002 by bar-knee:
Can Michael Pollitt (or anyone who knows how to contact him) please contact IMUSA as a
matter of urgency regarding your compensation claim for refused entry to Sunderland
earlier in the season.

---------------------------------
[41] Scouse magic
---------------------------------
Posted Friday, January 25, 2002 by bar-knee:
John Tosh-act's team, Real Scousiedad, which also features Kvarme and Westerfeld, are
now bottom of La Liga. Aaahhhh...

---------------------------------
[40] Paul Scholes on Blanc
---------------------------------
Posted Friday, January 25, 2002 by bar-knee:
"Laurent and Gary Neville as a partnership have been magnificent. Laurent is such a
cool defender, he can just flick it away from anyone and he uses his experience to get
his body in the way. It’s great to play with such a composed player who has won so
much in the game - the World Cup especially. ‘I don’t know if he is going to be here
next year, but he’s still playing well enough to carry on.”

---------------------------------
[39] Choccy on Wes Brown playing last night
---------------------------------
Posted Friday, January 25, 2002 by bar-knee:
‘‘Wes in particular did well, and it’s great for him. This was a marvellous
opportunity for him to get his first 90 minutes back since his injury. He looked very
fit and played very well. As a defender, you have to play every game as you would in
the first team.’’

---------------------------------
[38] Latest team news
---------------------------------
Posted Friday, January 25, 2002 by bar-knee:
>From the MEN

'BATTERED and bruised David Beckham is under intense treatment and facing a major
battle to make Manchester United’s FA Cup line-up at Middlesbrough.

The England captain was limping for much of the Reds’ Premiership defeat against
Liverpool on Tuesday night at Old Trafford after being clattered in the first half.

Beckham hasn’t trained since the painful knocks and is manager Sir Alex Ferguson’s
major doubt for the trip to Teeside.

If Beckham is KO’d for the noon tie at the Riverside, then it will leave the door open
for Nicky Butt’s return. He’s been on the bench for the last two matches since
injuring a groin at Aston Villa in the third round.

Ryan Giggs was expected to return to Carrington for a workout today (Friday) after
being told to stay away from the Reds’ training centre because he was suffering with a
virus.'

---------------------------------
[37] Saturday's FA Cup games
---------------------------------
Posted Friday, January 25, 2002 by bar-knee:
Charlton v Walsall (15.00)
Chelsea v West Ham (15.00)
Everton v Leyton Orient (15.00)
Gillingham v Bristol Rovers (15.00)
Middlesbrough v Man Utd (12.00)
Millwall v Blackburn (15.00)
Preston v Sheff Utd (15.00)
Rotherham v Crewe (15.00)
Tottenham v Bolton (15.00)
West Brom v Leicester (15.00)
York v Fulham (15.00)

---------------------------------
[36] Phil Neville on the FA Cup
---------------------------------
Posted Friday, January 25, 2002 by bar-knee:
‘‘People were saying we’d brushed the FA Cup aside and we’d put it just above the
Worthington Cup. That wasn’t the case and when you see the players, the fans and the
manager celebrating like we did when we won at Villa Park, you know it isn’t. It shows
the commitment we have to the competition.”

---------------------------------
[35] Phil Neville happy to take his chance
---------------------------------
Posted Friday, January 25, 2002 by bar-knee:
‘‘This run is definitely what my game needed. Up to December I hadn’t played much at
all. I was getting frustrated. I was coming up to 25 and I needed to play more than I
was doing. I was playing less at the start of the season than ever before in my time
as an Old Trafford senior. I was a little bit worried. The big concern and frustration
was that the team weren’t doing well and yet I still wasn’t playing. I wasn’t worried
about England. All I was bothered about was Manchester United and I made sure I just
channelled all my thoughts into the club. England never entered my head. I couldn’t
afford to worry about that as well.  I knuckled down and trained as hard as I could to
get back in. I knew with us losing matches that eventually I would get my opportunity.
And I knew once I got in I couldn’t have any excuses. We had injuries to Denis Irwin
and Wes Brown around that time so the manager was forced into playing the same back
four and it has worked out well for everyone, and !
I hope that continues.’’

---------------------------------
[34] West Ham assistant manager on Di Canio talk
---------------------------------
Posted Friday, January 25, 2002 by bar-knee:
Paul Goddard:

"Paolo is training very well and has been superb.  He is happy and contented, and all
the lads are giving him friendly stick, which he is taking and giving back.  There is
no bad feeling over the whole thing. Everybody knows this is what football is about
and he is getting on and training extremely hard, so there are no problems there."

---------------------------------
[33] Jaap latest
---------------------------------
Posted Friday, January 25, 2002 by bar-knee:
Five-month ban for being found guilty of taking that nandralone. Confirmed yesterday
with a £30,833 fine.

He said: "I've done nothing wrong."

---------------------------------
[32] Mirror disagrees with the SUN
---------------------------------
Posted Friday, January 25, 2002 by bar-knee:
No change there then, this time over how close Boro are to signing Yorke

>From the Mirror

' DWIGHT YORKE is pricing himself out of a move to Middlesbrough with his wage demands
and request for a golden handshake from Manchester United.

The out-of-favour Old Trafford striker is wanted by Boro boss Steve McClaren and terms
are being discussed about a £6million move.

However, Yorke is looking for around £50,000-a-week from Middlesbrough and also wants
United to pay him to leave because he did not ask for a transfer.

Yorke knows that close friend Andy Cole had a huge signing-off payment from United
when he joined Blackburn as he was also moved out without asking for a transfer.

Now Yorke wants a large sum to sweeten the deal - but United will not give him
anything like the Cole settlement as the England star was on bigger wages and had more
of his contract left'

---------------------------------
[31] O'Dreary's pessimism
---------------------------------
Posted Friday, January 25, 2002 by bar-knee:
"I don't know how we are going to shift Manchester United and Arsenal. My concern is
to tuck this club in behind those two. If we can do that I will be happy. Obviously I
will try to shift them, but with their budgets I don't see them going away. I am not
scared of them and I will do my best with what I have got."

---------------------------------
[30] Italians keen on Becks
---------------------------------
Posted Friday, January 25, 2002 by bar-knee:
AC Milan president Silvino Berlusconi:

"We are monitoring the situation closely. David Beckham is a big draw, one of the
biggest names in football."

---------------------------------
[29] Split between Fergie and Becks according to the Mirror
---------------------------------
Posted Friday, January 25, 2002 by bar-knee:
>From the Mirror

'DAVID BECKHAM has had a bitter falling-out with Sir Alex Ferguson and will not sign a
new contract while the Manchester United manager has any influence at the club.

In an extraordinary breakdown in the pair's 14-year relationship, England skipper
Beckham has refused to negotiate a deal until he is certain of Fergie's future role.

There is persistent talk that Ferguson will be persuaded to stay on as boss for one
more season or become director of football - and that is stopping Beckham from
committing himself to Old Trafford.

United chief executive Peter Kenyon admitted yesterday that talks had broken down with
Beckham and warned fans United were losing the battle to keep their star player. And
with Beckham having only 18 months left on his contract, the split may force United to
cash in on their prize asset rather than lose him on a Bosman free transfer.

Now The Mirror can reveal the true extent of the huge gulf that has developed between
Beckham, Ferguson and the United board in recent weeks. Beckham has confided that he
is furious with the way he has been treated this season by Ferguson, the man he
credits with turning him into a world class player.

Although Beckham has started United's last four games, he is still smarting at the way
he was left out for six matches before Christmas

then humiliatingly dropped again once he forced his way back.

He was also seething about being substituted with five minutes to go on Tuesday when
United needed an equaliser against Liverpool at Old Trafford.

What makes matters worse for the man voted runner-up in World Player of the Year poll
is the contrast to the way he is treated by England coach Sven Goran Eriksson.

The Swede gave Beckham the captain's armband and has had nothing but praise for the
United star - and he believes that is what brings out the best in him.

The 26-year-old is also angry with the United board for conducting his contract
negotiations in public. The player's camp have kept a dignified silence throughout the
talks.

The revelation of Beckham's reluctance to sign a new deal is set to spark a bidding
war among Europe's top clubs, with AC Milan and Inter leading the chase.

Both sides are desperate to land the England captain and are ready to offer in the
region of £30million.

Beckham will become _ a free agent at the end of next season and will be free to talk
to Europe's top clubs from January 1.'

RN comment: These rumours won't go away but Becks' camp, at least in public, deny them
all. And this story is written by David McDonnell of the Mirror - the ABU king.

---------------------------------
[28] Let's hope this dual role thing doesn't take off
---------------------------------
Posted Friday, January 25, 2002 by bar-knee:
As some have suggested Sven could do United AND England job - no chance - Dick
Advocaat is the Holland manager on a part time basis, while he continues his role as
director of football at Rangers. Bet he ditches the latter after a few months though.

---------------------------------
[27] A good point
---------------------------------
Posted Friday, January 25, 2002 by bar-knee:
Spotted and sent in from story 8 in today's news

'I'll admit that I was shitfaced as per usual but I could've sworn the game was on
Tuesday.'

[8] Silvestre speaks
Friday, January 25, 2002

'The end of the series...It had to stop somewhere! Our series of invincibility  ended
on Wednesday evening in Old Trafford, after a well-crafted ambush by Liverpool. '

---------------------------------
[26] Leeds trial fall out
---------------------------------
Posted Friday, January 25, 2002 by bar-knee:
>From Ananova

'A law watchdog is investigating a complaint about Leeds United's legal adviser Peter
McCormick.

A letter of complaint on his involvement in the trials of Lee Bowyer and Jonathan
Woodgate was sent to the Office for the Supervision of Solicitors by the National
Civil Rights Movement.

A second separate complaint has been made against the Manchester law firm Freeman &
Co, which represented Woodgate.

Mr McCormick was called to give evidence by the defence at the Hull Crown Court
retrial last year, where Bowyer and Woodgate were accused of causing grievous bodily
harm with intent to student Sarfraz Najeib.

The Yorkshire Post reports that a spokesman for the Office for the Supervision of
Solicitors confirmed two letters of complaint had been received and an investigation
was underway.

He said they were separate complaints but both related to the Leeds United trial.

Mr McCormick says he had not been made aware of the NCRM's letter by the watchdog.

He said: "I have not been notified by the OSS of any complaint being received by it at
this stage.

"Until I have been notified, there is nothing to respond to. If a complaint is lodged
it can only be a mischievous and unjustified one."

---------------------------------
[25] Van Gaal to come
---------------------------------
Posted Friday, January 25, 2002 by bar-knee:
To Villa, as the new boss, according to most of the tabloids.

---------------------------------
[24] Boro's ticket problems
---------------------------------
Posted Friday, January 25, 2002 by bar-knee:
Middlesbrough Gazette 23/1/02

'Boro's season ticket holders have shunned the club s big FA Cup showdown with
Manchester United. Less than 50 per cent of the club s 22,000 diehard fans have bought
their seats for Saturday s fourth round clash.

Only 10,500 red-and-white book holders bought Cup tickets before they went on general
sale yesterday (Tuesday 22nd).
Frustration over recent team performances, plus the category A pricing structure (£27
& £29 tickets), has led to the dissent among the faithful. However the tie has still
grabbed the imagination of the part-time supporters.

An incredible 3,500 tickets were sold yesterday as Boro's ticket office staff worked
flat out to deal with the demand when tickets officially went on general sale. The
ticket office phone lines were hectic throughout the day, while there was a permanent
queue for tickets at the Riverside Stadium. This means that 14,000 tickets had been
sold by last night. However there is no evidence to suggest that the final crowd will
be greatly in excess of 20,000.

The fact that so many tickets are now on general sale will increase fears that
Manchester United fans could infiltrate Boro areas. However Boro's safety officer, Ron
Turnbull, is confident that the Cuptie will be staged without any problems. He said:
"Trouble in the stadium is negligible as a rule and I m sure that this will be the
case at the weekend. I am bringing in extra resources and so we will be equipped to
steward the full stadium."

The worry for some supporters is that one or two United fans will obtain seats in Boro
areas, and antagonise home fans by standing up and celebrating if the visitors score.

However, Turnbull said: "This is a situation which is a possibility in every game
which is not a sell-out.  That's why we are equipped to eliminate the dangers and, if
necessary, remove people for their own safety."

The fact that United have been limited to only 2,400 tickets is also seen as a
potential problem by some fans, because it forces United fans to look for seats
elsewhere in the stadium.

But Turnbull insists that the correct decision has been made by the safety committee.

He said: "When United were here in December, numbers were reduced, but we did not
encounter any problems. The measures which we took in the last game were very
successful and we congratulate their fans for that. Now their fans have to show they
deserve a further increase in the future."

"The reduction of seats is not something which is peculiar to United. The safety
committee has done this before with other clubs and it has been successful.  We
reduced the Leeds United numbers and they have responded so well that they will
receive the full allocation next month.  The safety committee's aim is to restore
Manchester United's full allocation, so they can take a big step towards that
happening with their behaviour on Saturday."

RN comment: So proportionally Leeds get a full allocation for good 'beahviour' yet we
don't for the Cup game - why? And if Boro have had to spend 'extra resources' then
their decision to cut our Cup allocation has clearly cost them money - both in lost
ticket sales and in those extra costs. Great business brains at the Riverside, eh...

---------------------------------
[23] Chaos travelling down to London weekend games next season
---------------------------------
Posted Friday, January 25, 2002 by bar-knee:
>From the MEN:

"Weekend train passengers face five months of chaos from mid-August as the North
West's rail link with London is severed for modernisation work.  They will have to
leave their trains and travel by bus between Milton Keynes and Hemel Hempstead."

---------------------------------
[22] N.Ireland get
---------------------------------
Posted Friday, January 25, 2002 by bar-knee:
Greece, Ukraine, Armenia and Spain.

---------------------------------
[21] England's group for 2004 European Championships
---------------------------------
Posted Friday, January 25, 2002 by bar-knee:
is Turkey, Slovakia, Liechtenstein and Macedonia

Republic of Ireland face Russia, Switzerland, Georgia and Albania

Scotland face Germany, Iceland, Lithuania and the Faroe Islands

Wales will face Italy, Yugoslavia, Finland and Azerbaijan

---------------------------------
[20] Dropping Becks was good for Sven
---------------------------------
Posted Friday, January 25, 2002 by bar-knee:
"I know he has been rested for a number of games but that can only be good for the
national team. Every time I see a match where there are England players on the bench,
I am very happy. As for any drop in Beckham's form, you cannot expect any player to be
on top of his game for nine or 10 months."

---------------------------------
[19] More Sven on Becks
---------------------------------
Posted Friday, January 25, 2002 by bar-knee:
Mischevious hacks ask simple question, back page headlines beckon!

"Whatever happens at United, Beckham is keen to lead England and to have an excellent
World Cup. I have no doubt at all he will succeed in doing that. I also have the
strongest belief that he will not be disturbed by recent events at Old Trafford.
Whether he signs a new contract before or after the World Cup will have no bearing on
his performance during it. For me, he has been perfect — both as captain and as a
player. I speak with him a lot and there has never been one time when he seemed
concerned with any off-field troubles."

---------------------------------
[18] Gareth Southgate even gets involved
---------------------------------
Posted Friday, January 25, 2002 by bar-knee:
"I'd be delighted if Dwight came here.  I know that they are trying hard to bring
someone in and the manager knows what he is doing."

---------------------------------
[17] Boro mates try to convince Dwight
---------------------------------
Posted Friday, January 25, 2002 by bar-knee:
Ugo Ehiogu - for the second time in a week. Not easy eh!

 "I've spoken to him on a couple of occasions and he has told me he wants to play
football. He just wants to put his boots back on and play. Let's just hope he wants to
do that for Middlesbrough. He thought he was good enough to have stayed at Old
Trafford, and if you look at his record — he is one of only two strikers to score 20
Premiership goals in a season for United and at 30, he is still at the top of his
game.  But he is still fresh and I believe if we do get him, it will be some
acquisition.  He used to give me a hard time in training, so I'll be used to that. But
it would be good all round.  It would be such a breath of fresh air about the place
because he does bring that with his confidence, his presence."

---------------------------------
[16] McClaren on Yorke deal
---------------------------------
Posted Friday, January 25, 2002 by bar-knee:
Sunderland apparently wanted to pay in two £3m installments - Boro will fork out the
dosh now. United also didn't want him to play in a game against us so soon after any
deal.

McClaren:

 "We are still pursuing an interest in Dwight, as we are in other players. It is still
ongoing."

---------------------------------
[15] Boro to get Yorke
---------------------------------
Posted Friday, January 25, 2002 by bar-knee:
>From today's SUN

' STEVE McCLAREN has been given the cash to beat rivals Sunderland in the race to sign
Dwight Yorke.

But the Middlesbrough boss still has to knock down Manchester United's £7million
asking price to land the striker.

McClaren is desperate to halt a slump which has seen his side slide into the bottom
three.

And he has finally persuaded chairman Steve Gibson he MUST get Yorke to help drag the
club clear of a relegation dogfight.

Gibson blocked a move for Yorke earlier this month telling McClaren he must sell
before he can buy.

But the Boro chairman has now approved a £5.5m bid which will still allow McClaren to
tempt Yorke, 30, with a fabulous £60,000-a-week package — as exclusively revealed by
SunSport on January 5.'

---------------------------------
[14] Dutch go for Van Gaal
---------------------------------
Posted Friday, January 25, 2002 by bar-knee:
Thanks to one of our sources for informing us that the Dutch media seem to think Van
Gaal is on his way as Fergie's replacement. The idea seems to have been met with a
cold response from inside Old Trafford - which is encouraging as despite that early
great success at Ajax, he badly dented his reputation at Barca - too many Dutch
purchases and accusations of arrogance and no end of off field problems. One Dutch
radio station seemed sure though and suggested that Co Adriaanse (former Den Haag
manager) will be head youth coach at United if Van Gaal arrives.

---------------------------------
[13] Wes Brown makes comeback
---------------------------------
Posted Friday, January 25, 2002 by bar-knee:
>From Ananova

'Wes Brown has played his first game since damaging medial ligaments in December.

Brown played all 90 minutes as Manchester United beat Oldham 4-1 in the Manchester
Senior Cup.

Club doctor Mike Stone confirmed the defender had suffered no ill effects.'

---------------------------------
[12] Those Sven, Becks comments
---------------------------------
Posted Friday, January 25, 2002 by bar-knee:
"I am not worried about it. He is very professional and if that's the decision they've
(United and Beckham) taken then it's no problem for me. That's fine. I don't think he
will want to be worrying about contracts during the World Cup"

---------------------------------
[11] UEFA want same transfer windows all over Europe
---------------------------------
Posted Friday, January 25, 2002 by bar-knee:
A statement from Uefa:

"The executive committee decided to recommend to Uefa's 51 member associations the
adoption of harmonised transfer windows for both domestic and international transfers
from 2002/03. This recommendation should be considered by each association before
implementation."

---------------------------------
[10] Another national tournament around the corner
---------------------------------
Posted Friday, January 25, 2002 by bar-knee:
Draw for Euro 2004 is on Friday, Republic of Ireland one of the top 10 seeds, England
and Scotland outside that top list of teams.

---------------------------------
[9] Nonsense transfer gossip
---------------------------------
Posted Friday, January 25, 2002 by bar-knee:
Spotted by Jason

'If you thought the Beckham-Ronaldo story was tosh, look at this - talk about lazy
journalism....

'Inter Milan are reportedly prepared to let Uruguayan international Alvaro Recoba move
to Manchester United, in exchange for Welsh international Ryan Giggs. '

---------------------------------
[8] Silvestre speaks
---------------------------------
Posted Friday, January 25, 2002 by bar-knee:
The end of the series...It had to stop somewhere! Our series of invincibility ended on
Wednesday  evening in Old Trafford, after a well-crafted ambush by Liverpool. A goal
from Murphy ten minutes before the final whistle secured it for them, whereas  we had
dominated the match. This match, it’s the kind you don’t deserve to  lose. Even a no
score draw would have been a disappointment. So, after 1-0,  we were disgusted,
excessively frustrated. "

" We will start on another series!  It was not a disappointment on one level, because
Manchester carried out a  convincing match against the Reds. We lacked only the goals;
the organization  in defence and attack was fine. It is not serious, though, we will
set out on  another series! In the Premiership, it will be next Tuesday against
Bolton.  That is still a derby because Bolton is in the suburbs of Manchester. And
there is a beautiful revenge to be taken because we lost at home to them,  2-1. "

" The Cup, a great objective of the club ...But before that, on Saturday we have
another chance to forget this defeat.  It will be in Middlesborough for the fifth leg
of Cup. The public’s passion  for this tournament is enormous and it instils us with
the desire to go  further. Manchester hasn’t won it since the season of the triple in
1999. It  is therefore a great objective of the club, which depends success on
Saturday  over Middlesborough. "

Mikael please not - its the 4th Round and not the 5th, unless you know something we
don't...

---------------------------------
[7] How do you like your coffee?
---------------------------------
Posted Friday, January 25, 2002 by bar-knee:
>From Ananova - readers of a weak disposition look away

'A New York man is facing public lewdness charges after allegedly masturbating into
his colleagues' coffee cups. His alleged victims have been offered counselling and
medical tests. The man has been suspended from his job with a local social services
department.'

---------------------------------
[6] Red Song
---------------------------------
Posted Friday, January 25, 2002 by bar-knee:
Sweet, sweet memories you gave-a me
you can't beat the memories you gave-a me

Take one fresh and tender Keane
Leading on the Red Machine
Ole, Van Nistlerooy
Some grief, some joy
Memories are made of this

Don't forget a small Paul Scholes
Add a Giggs supplying goals
Your lips and mine
Sing loud in time
Memories are made of this

Then add a fourth title in a row
Adding to our rivals sorrow
Success - what a flavor
Dreams... you will savor
Recall this carefully through the days
See how the flavor stays

With His blessings from above
More Sucess heaped on our Club
One team, one wife
One love through life
Memories are made of this
Memories are made of this

TheBirdman

---------------------------------
[5] Now this is a serious quiz question
---------------------------------
Posted Friday, January 25, 2002 by bar-knee:
How many managers is it now that have left their clubs shortly after a United defeat -
the curse of Fergie...

John Gregory resigned as manager of Aston Villa last night.

---------------------------------
[4] Not sure if you'd seen this
---------------------------------
Posted Friday, January 25, 2002 by bar-knee:
But Gerald Kaufman's had put an Early Day Motion into Parliament about the Leeds trial

 http://edm.ais.co.uk/weblink/html/motion.html/ref=594
http://edm.ais.co.uk/weblink/html/motion.html/ref=594

Kaufman/Gerald

'That this House expresses its disgust at the travesty of justice enacted at Hull
Crown Court; calls on the Attorney-General to conduct an inquiry into why the Crown
Prosecution Service, which the Director of Public Prosecutions has admitted is
institutionally racist, did not prosecute for racial attack the gang of white men who
carried out a vicious attack on an Asian youth; further calls on the Attorney-General
to consider whether Lee Bowyer, labelled by Mr Justice Henriques as a multiple liar,
should be prosecuted for perjury; condemns Leeds United Football Club for the trivial
sanctions, amounting to a slap on the wrist, it is imposing on the convicted criminal
Woodgate and the branded liar Bowyer; calls on the Football Association in no
circumstances to include Woodgate in an England team; and takes note of the message
sent out to all the boys and young men who regard leading footballers as role models,
namely that, if you are rich and famous, you can be a drunken, lying,!
 violent lout who is able to get away with near-murder.'

---------------------------------
[3] Boro latest
---------------------------------
Posted Friday, January 25, 2002 by bar-knee:
As of Tuesday night, Boro themselves had sold just 14,000 tickets. They are now on
general sale but they themselves admit that they fear a crowd less than 30,000.

And they only gave us 2,500...

---------------------------------
[2] Paddy Crerand in top form
---------------------------------
Posted Friday, January 25, 2002 by bar-knee:
As ever, but catching him on MUTV saw him suggest that all Reds should be ignoring the
'Becks to go' headlines as he fully expects Becks to sign, if it be after the World
Cup so be it and after being told that Sven had commented on the speculation he said
'why should it have anything to do with him, it's only of concern to United, Becks and
his family'.

---------------------------------
[1] Stretford Enders in song
---------------------------------
Posted Friday, January 25, 2002 by redend:
    http://www.rednews.co.uk/secd/stretford_enders_cd.php
Check http://www.rednews.co.uk to view the image which has been removed from plain
text email version of news

 http://www.rednews.co.uk/secd/stretford_enders_cd.php STRETFORD ENDERS
http://www.rednews.co.uk/secd/stretford_enders_cd.php TRUE FAITH

This is a not for profit CD (any excess funds are going to Fergie & Busby's favourite
charities.). It contains NEW & OLD United Supporters Songs sung by a few of the most
gnarled up, hard core Stretford Enders to have graced it's terraces..

Its a good laugh but also an archive of terrace culture. Its not pretending to be
anything more than a few of the more vocal / known Stretford Enders from the last 30
years getting together and giving us the benefit of their "experience". And no doubt
the next edition (next year?) will feature many more recruits.

      A good education for those who need it and a bit of a nostalgic laugh for those
who are graduates of the Stretford End academy. Unfortunately, this isn't the usual
sales pitch bollocks, there really are now only a few left (after they've been knocked
out to mates etc at pubs around OT) but once these go they are taking reservations so
they can do another run if costs can be covered.  So its first come first served. None
of the lads involved are making a penny out of this (including RED NEWS of course) -
its just a bit of a laugh knocked out by "Crazy Horse" (of the Stretford End variety).
But this is surely a project that we all want to grow and grow so RED NEWS are happy
to offer any support we can in its infancy and lets make it grow into something
special "for us" and "by us".
Forgot to say - its only 6.99 plus p&p too.
http://www.rednews.co.uk/secd/stretford_enders_cd.php CLICK HERE FOR MORE INFO

---------------------------------
[40] McClaren has to appeal for support
---------------------------------
Posted Thursday, January 24, 2002 by bar-knee:
"I think sometimes the fans underestimate their importance at a game. The way they
support can have a marked effect on the team's performance."

---------------------------------
[39] Boro have sold less than 20,000!
Posted Thursday, January 24, 2002 by bar-knee:
And charged £32 for tickets.

Rob Nichols, editor of Boro fanzine Fly Me To The Moon: "The club have made a massive
miscalculation. This has been made a category A game, which is a mistake."

[38] More Kenyon
Posted Thursday, January 24, 2002 by bar-knee:
"We will reach