RED NEWS - MUFC Daily News by Email.
For the very latest news, the fans forum, and more,
check out the website at http://www.rednews.co.uk

[33] Absolutely no chance
---------------------------------
Posted Friday, August 2, 2002 by db:
Italian Tuttosport links us with Egdar Davids. When will the press learn. Fergie has,
for a number of years been distinctly uninterested in the unsettling Davids and would
not make any effort to sign him.

---------------------------------
[32] Wise definitely sacked by Leicester
---------------------------------
Posted Friday, August 2, 2002 by db:
A Leciester club statement said: "The board have given Dennis Wise notice of
termination in accordance with his contract.  This decision has been taken following a
proper investigation of an incident which occurred on July 18 at the club's training
camp in Finland.  Mr Wise, who attended a disciplinary hearing chaired by football
club chairman Martin George on Friday, July 26, was found to have committed an act of
serious misconduct."

---------------------------------
[31] Ronald Koeman on United
---------------------------------
Posted Friday, August 2, 2002 by db:
"I think Rio will prove to be a good buy. You can't look at the price tag anymore than
you would look at Zinedine Zidane's. Manchester United wanted him and they had the
money to buy him. Now it's about how he performs. Ferdinand showed in the World Cup
that he is a very good defender but the pressure on him now will be different than
when he was at Leeds. Now he has to show that kind of quality in every game and that
can be tough. Manchester United have won so much in the past you can't do anything but
respect them. You can't win everything all the time, eventually you will have a bad
season. It won't affect them, you only have to look at the quality of their squad to
see that they will be back on top again this season."

---------------------------------
[30] Fergie on tonight
---------------------------------
Posted Friday, August 2, 2002 by db:
"We have taken a bit of a gamble with the England players. They only arrived here
yesterday and we will probably only give them half a game against Ajax. I need to have
a team in my mind for the first leg but at least our pre-season programme is better
than the last one.  There is no comparison really. The Far East trip was done because
we have a huge fan base there. This is a tournament of real significance against very
good teams with excellent players."

---------------------------------
[29] A Red Perspective
---------------------------------
Posted Friday, August 2, 2002 by db:
Further to item 22 today:

>From the official website I understood that today was the first day you could phone
>up as an ST holder and purchase a ticket for the qualifiers for a seat other than
>your own.  So just after 9am I phoned, and was told I was 9th in the queue.  It took
>half an hour to get through, and then I was told that the tickets weren't on sale
>yet!  I managed to convince her that they were, I mean they've been on sale since
>Monday haven't they?

So she took the ST numbers and credit card number, and then did one without letting me
say where I wanted to sit!  So I had to phone again, this time I was number 13 and it
took 50 minutes to get through.  I said I wanted East Lower, and if that wasn't
possible East Upper, to which I got the reply "Do you mean tier 2?" - I tried to
explain the lower tier is split into lower and upper but I don't think she was
convinced.

So God knows where I'll end up.  Is it too much to ask that the ticket office staff
know which tickets they are selling, and are familiar with the layout of the ground?

Tim

---------------------------------
[29] Fergie on Wes and Blanc
---------------------------------
Posted Friday, August 2, 2002 by db:
"The important thing will be to get Rio forging a partnership with Laurent Blanc, but
I don't anticipate any problems with that simply because on the one hand you have the
enormous experience that Laurent brings to the party and the experience and potential
Rio has. It should be a terrific mix."

Ruud definitely out for tonight.

---------------------------------
[28] More from Escude
---------------------------------
Posted Friday, August 2, 2002 by db:
Julien Escude

"I feel ready to go forward - if it was up to me, I would not be here any more. I told
club officials what I had to tell them, I hope they are aware that, considering my
career and my development, it is not a good thing to keep me. Manchester United should
soon make an offer. However, I am patient, I do not drag my feet during training
sessions, I hope we will find a solution as soon as possible."

---------------------------------
[27] Fergie - Rio is ready
---------------------------------
Posted Friday, August 2, 2002 by db:
"There are no problems whatsoever of waiting for Rio to settle in because his
familiarity with the players is already there. There have been instances, like when
Diego Forlan joined the club, he is a young boy from Uruguay coming into the country,
getting him settled in and relaxing him was important whereas Rio knows all the lads.
He knows every one of them and even more so the England players, having played with
them for some time now"

---------------------------------
[26] Agent denies move talk
---------------------------------
Posted Friday, August 2, 2002 by db:
Eidur Gudjohnsen's agent Peter Harrison

"There is no problem. Everyone is very relaxed about the situation and that means
Eidur, Chelsea and myself. Talks with Trevor Birch (Chelsea's new managing director)
have taken place and are ongoing. There is no deadline that has been set and no one is
saying 'pay me more or I'm off'. Eidur has always been committed to Chelsea. He is
very happy there and likes living in London."

---------------------------------
[25] Titbits
---------------------------------
Posted Friday, August 2, 2002 by db:
Arse axe match to match win bonuses - bonuses only given now for FA Cup,  Worthless
Cup and Big Champions League matches - planetfootball.com

The Guardian reports that the arse are after Stephen Carr from Spurs - that  will go
do well with the natives at White Hart Lane

---------------------------------
[24] Tonight's game
---------------------------------
Posted Friday, August 2, 2002 by db:
Kicks off at 8.15pm, live on SKY

---------------------------------
[23] Anelka slams Houllier
---------------------------------
Posted Friday, August 2, 2002 by db:
"Nothing had ever gone wrong between us, but I think he was imagining future problems,
and he imagined the worst, which was a shame. I honestly think an English coach would
have signed me, but because he was French, he had too many preconceived ideas about me
and so didn't want to sign me. I was happy at Arsenal with Arsene Wenger, but then
he's a different type of Frenchman. It was portrayed in the media as a real shock when
the news came that I hadn't signed, but to me it was not a surprise at all. Normally
when a coach wants you, he wants to get on with it and sign you immediately. But with
Liverpool it was wait, wait wait, until finally it was 'no'. It would have been easier
to say no straight away, instead of saying yes to Paris St Germain then changing his
mind. There were stories that I had stood up to Gerard Houllier and that he didn't
like it. But that was wrong, because nothing ever happened between us. For me,
Liverpool went very well. Everybody wanted me to stay - !
the players, the coaches Phil Thompson and Sammy Lee, the fans, the chairman. Everyone
except Gerard Houllier, and he made the decision not to keep me."

---------------------------------
[22] Left hand meet right hand
---------------------------------
Posted Friday, August 2, 2002 by db:
Posted on Red News yesterday was the details for the away ticket application for the
Euro qualifier taken from the official website and it says:

"Season Ticket holders should also quote their membership number and provide voucher
72 (duly completed)."

This is a bit difficult to do as the vouchers in my season ticket book only go up to
50. I rang to check and the Membership Office said "We don't want a voucher, where did
you get that idea from?".  Errr, your official website.....

Just to be on the safe side, I phoned the ticket office to ask if it was OK that my
book only went up to 50 vouchers, but the club had been asking for voucher 72?  They
knew nothing about it either and couldn't even tell me how many vouchers should be in
the book.  If anyone's got more than 50 please let me know!

---------------------------------
[21] Gudjohnsen linked
---------------------------------
Posted Friday, August 2, 2002 by db:
The Mirror reckons we could go for £10m rated  Eidur Gudjohnsen after his pay talks
stalled at Chelsea. As we have said, Utd sources have hinted that if we do sign anyone
it'll be on or below the £10m region.

---------------------------------
[20] Could affect the Euro away
---------------------------------
Posted Friday, August 2, 2002 by db:
>From skynews

'The holiday plans of thousands of people could be sent into chaos after airport staff
rejected a new pay offer. If no deal is found soon, Britain's two main airports could
be hit by strikes later this month.         GMB union officials were considering a
final offer overnight but decided to reject it. It follows a key meeting between union
leaders for baggage handlers and check-in staff and Aviance managers to try to resolve
the pay dispute. Any strike is likely to be held in mid-August, throwing summer
holiday plans into chaos. Union leaders Union leaders say Heathrow and Gatwick would
be severely affected. One-day strikes are also planned at Stansted, Birmingham,
Manchester and Scottish airports. A strike would prove a further blow to the
Government in what is becoming a summer of discontent amid strikes and union strife.
Around 80% of Aviance's staff are employed at Heathrow and Gatwick. But the firm -
part of the Go Ahead group - also runs ground services at many other airports.!
'

---------------------------------
[19] We always look for good omens
---------------------------------
Posted Friday, August 2, 2002 by db:
Re earlier story number 3 yesterday (and as we always look at omens)....

The last time Utd played in a town that also had a Grand Prix within 7 days was in
Barca in 98 when we drew 3:3.......... was also the last time we went through the
qualifiers........

No need to remind you what happed that season....

BDS.

---------------------------------
[18] Darren Campbell says thanks
---------------------------------
Posted Friday, August 2, 2002 by db:
"I wanted to give a gold to Manchester. I took part in Manchester's Olympic bid when
the Games went to Sydney. The city was distraught. Then when Manchester got the
Commonwealths they knocked us. They said the stadium would not get built, it would
rain, that nothing would work. But everything worked."It's been emotional in
Manchester and I don't think people appreciate how much the athletes gave out there.
When I gave the team talk to the relay boys I told them not to worry about the
pressure because the people of Manchester were willing me to go out and win a gold. I
just said go out there and enjoy it. And it all came right."

---------------------------------
[17] Blackburn like Dwight
---------------------------------
Posted Friday, August 2, 2002 by db:
David Dunn

"I've only known Dwight for a short while, but he seems a very likeable person. It
isn't just Andy that he gets on with, it's everyone. He has always got a smile on his
face and that rubs off on everybody. Everyone knows what he can do from the things he
has won with United. But his ability in training is unbelievable. It's great to watch
him - from our point of view as well as the fans'. He is a proven goalscorer, along
with Andy and Matt Jansen, so we could be in for very exciting times."

---------------------------------
[16] Because of East bloody Enders
---------------------------------
Posted Friday, August 2, 2002 by db:
Official statement from club

IMPORTANT NOTICE TO SUPPORTERS - THE DATE AND KICK OF TIME FOR THIS GAME HAS CHANGED

Manchester United will play either Zalaegerszegi TE or NK Zagreb on Tuesday 27 August,
kick off 8.10pm and not 28 August as previously advertised.

---------------------------------
[15] Bolton home ticket details
---------------------------------
Posted Friday, August 2, 2002 by db:
On Wednesday 11 September, United are at home to Bolton Wanderers, kick off 8pm.
Postal applications are now being accepted from Members only. Applications should
include a completed match ticket order form, relevant payment and sae. Alternatively,
members can make an online application by clicking here.  However, please note these
applications will be given the same consideration as postal requests.

Any new Members can also apply by forwarding a letter of application quoting Name,
Address and Telephone details of each Member, relevant payment and sae.

JUNIOR TICKET SCHEME - we are pleased to announce that the junior ticket scheme will
continue for 11 to 15 year olds only.  A set number of seats (strictly for junior
members only) will be allocated for every home game in the East Lower section of the
stadium.  Junior members wishing to take up the offer must complete the appropriate
section on the match ticket order form.

Seat Prices are as follows (subject to availability):
North and South Stands Upper and Lower   £27
North Stand 2nd Tier      £25
North East / West Quadrants Upper and Lower  £23
East and West Stand Upper     £23
East and West Stand 2nd Tier     £23
Family Stand       £23
North Stand 3rd Tier      £21
East and West Lower      £19

A half price facility is available to under 16s and over 65s.

Please note, in the event of being oversubscribed a ballot will be held to determine
the successful applicants.

Furthermore, Members should be mindful of the following points:

1) The Family Stand has a strict no smoking policy
2) Access to the North Stand 2nd / 3rd tier and East / West Stand 2nd tier seating
involves a substantial amount of climbing.  Persons having difficulty with climbing or
suffering from vertigo are advised accordingly.

---------------------------------
[14] Keane on Far East pre-season compared to Holland
---------------------------------
Posted Friday, August 2, 2002 by db:
"I said at the time that it was a long way for us to go for a pre-season tour. We do
go on these long trips. But from the players' point of view, it is good to have this
tournament just a two-hour flight away."

---------------------------------
[13] Wes Brown on World Cup
---------------------------------
Posted Friday, August 2, 2002 by db:
"The World Cup was quality. I didn't get on, yet I still enjoyed every minute of it. I
am also feeling fitter than ever, despite having only three weeks off. I've been
training with the England lads and it's straight back into it. But I feel great."

---------------------------------
[12] More Blanc and Brown quotes
---------------------------------
Posted Friday, August 2, 2002 by db:
Blanc

"I would never consider myself a teacher. When you look at a player like Rio
Ferdinand, it's a two-way thing. It's not just me passing on experience. I can learn
from him just as much. There is a great desire among the players to help each other
out. At 23, he has already played to a very high standard and has a lot of experience.
He is a great defender. It was disappointing not to get any silverware last year. All
the players here have a strong desire to do well for Manchester United. It is one of
the reasons why I wanted to come back."

Brown on Rio

"He was unbelievable in the Far East and anyone who had any doubts about him was
proved wrong. Rio is the best centre-half in the world - and he'll get even better. He
is a great buy and I'm sure this season he'll prove to everyone why we bought him.
People say it's a lot of money. But he's only 23 and has many years in front of him.
He's strong, fast, good in the air and a good reader of the game. He's pretty much the
defender you dream about having, possesses real leadership qualities and has shown
that in the few days' training we've had together. Last season we did struggle and I
think we all put our hands up over that. But now we've gone out, spent big and have
got quality, which will only improve us. I can't fail to learn off Rio and Laurent.
They are two top-quality centre-halves, though we have other great defenders as well -
like Gary Neville, Phil Neville and Mikael Silvestre. These are top players and, with
the addition of Rio, I'm sure our defence will be very str!
ong this season."

---------------------------------
[11] El Til digs at Rio
---------------------------------
Posted Friday, August 2, 2002 by db:
And Robbie Fowler out with hip injury for 2 months

"Of course I am disappointed in Rio. He had a five-year contract here and only 20
months of it had gone. Chairman Peter Ridsdale and my predecessor David O'Leary took a
lot of stick for taking him for £18m from West Ham. But they did brilliantly getting
Rio here and a player like that you never want to lose. When we started talking with
Rio after I arrived, we agreed he wouldn't go. Then it got very difficult and it was
obviously going to be that we had to let him go. I can understand Rio being ambitious
and Manchester United is very appealing to him. But what I am saying, too, is don't
sign a long-term deal if you are not going to stand by it. Otherwise there's no point
in having contracts."

---------------------------------
[10] A Hungarian Red Perspective, Part 2
---------------------------------
Posted Friday, August 2, 2002 by db:
Another article from a Hungarian paper (sorry again for the poor
translation):

"Representatives of Manchester United visited Ulloi street
Representatives of Manchester United arrived to us to visit the ground on Wednesday.
Ken Ramsden, club secretary, led the group, who said that he knew Ferencvaros very
well, because he had played against them in 1965, however he could not remember the
score. This is not a coincidence, because FTC met the English team in the pre-decessor
of the UEFA cup. The tie was not decided in the two legs, because the English and we
won a game too. The decisive game was played in Nepstadion in front of a crowd of
90,000, and we won 2-1. Ramsden's name did not feature in the starting line-up in the
history books, so he was possibly a substitute. '

(RN : Ken have you been telling porkies to the Hungarian press?)

'The Manchester people arrived to us, because if Zalaegerszeg beat NK Zagreb in the
2nd qualifying round of the Champions League, the world famous English team would come
to Ulloi street. They thought of all the details, they even discussed with Peter
Szalai - executive director of Zalaegerszeg - what foods and drinks can be served to
the visiting supporters at the buffet, they looked at the lavatories, the dressing
room, the training ground and the section of the stand reserved for the English
supporters. - It is a well maintained, nice stadium what Ferencvaros has - said
Ramsden. Similarly to the English grounds, the stands are close to the pitch, so the
atmosphere of the games can be fantastic here. We are going to see the Zagreb stadium
on Thursday. Good luck for Zalaegerszeg for tonight's game."

Here's a link where you can see two photos of the visit.
 http://www.ftc.hu/index.php?action=news&sact=news&nid=1401#
http://www.ftc.hu/index.php?action=news&sact=news&nid=1401#

Csaba
Hungary

card payment, ordering online from wherever you live in the world, getting the mag to
your door.

To order the 10 issue sub to be sent to a UK address click on

To order the 10 issue sub to be sent to an address in the rest of the world click on

And those philanthropists out there can help with our costs by making an online
donation via paypal. Doesn't matter how small the amount is, every bit helps with the
costs of the site - thanks. click on.

---------------------------------
[8] United confirm youth appointment
---------------------------------
Posted Friday, August 2, 2002 by db:
Story we had on here two weeks ago

PA story

'Manchester United have appointed Brazilian-born Francisco Filho as youth coach at Old
Trafford. Filho is the man United hope will get the stars rolling off the Red Devils'
youth talent production line again. Filho has joined as Under-17 coach after spending
29 years at the French Football Academy in Clarefontaine.'

"I am extremely pleased to have Francisco join us," Ferguson told the club's official
website manutd.com

"He is an experienced coach whose knowledge of the game is insightful and I am sure
the players will look forward to working with him."

Chief executive Peter Kenyon added: "To have someone of Francisco's calibre here is
fantastic. The youth team is an integral part of Manchester United especially if we
are to continue developing the football of the future."

---------------------------------
[7] A Hungarian Red Perspective
---------------------------------
Posted Friday, August 2, 2002 by db:
I have not seen the ZTE-Zagreb game yesterday, but the general Hungarian opinion
(press, supporters) is that ZTE missed a great chance, because they should have won by
3 or 4 goals. So a trip to Budapest is on the cards, but let's see the second leg,
because you never know with Hungarian teams.

Apart from the obvious hype and speculation in the media regarding the possibility of
Manchester United visiting Hungary, I found only a small paragraph in the papers about
United: (I try to translate it here, but forgive me for all the mistakes).

"Let's have a look at the stands for a moment: in the VIP-box of the stadium there was
Mr. Ken Ramsden. It must be known about him, that he's working as a club secretary for
noone else but one of the world's most famous football club, Manchester United. So it
is obvious: the English stars are taking Zalaegerszeg (or in the worst case Zagreb)
absolutely seriously, however it is considered as an easy homework for them.
Nevertheless Mr. Ramsden was quite familiar with the ground of the 9th district of
Budapest, because he's already been here in 1965, on the Ferencvaros - Manchester
United game - of course not as a secretary, but as an active football player."

(RN: not quite)

The match commentator said that Ken Ramsden was in Budapest to have a look at the
stadium and the teams. After the game he tipped ZTE to qualify. He then flew to Zagreb
to see the circumstances there. I've also heard that there is very little possibility
that the United game would be moved to Nepstadion (national stadium), which means that
United would get an allocation of about 1200-1500 for the stadium of Ferencvaros.

Csaba
Hungary

---------------------------------
[6] Fergie admits to wanting a striker
---------------------------------
Posted Friday, August 2, 2002 by db:
"We would like to have four strikers. We have always worked on that basis so it's
possible we could bring someone in. We have a deadline of August 8 for the qualifying
stage of the Champions League and August 31 for the main competition. We do not have a
lot of time until next Wednesday but hopefully, if we get through the first stage, we
will use August 31."

A very well known journalist bumped into a member of the RN team yesterday and said we
had made a bid for Crespo although he doubted it would happen. But Fergie doesn't seem
interested anymore in Di Canio.

Fergie said:

"He will not be the next one"

---------------------------------
[5] London is humming
---------------------------------
Posted Friday, August 2, 2002 by redend:
MG sent us this:

The cities that 'buzz' more than London'

Eight British cities have more 'buzz' than London, according to a survey by a trendy
fashion label.

Manchester, Cambridge, Edinburgh, Bristol, Newcastle, Sheffield, Glasgow and Leeds all
came above the capital in a study, which measures a city's 'financial, social,
cultural and spiritual energy.'

Soaring property prices and high crime have taken the shine off life in London, the
team behind the DKNY Energy Index said yesterday.

The cities with the highest 'potential energy' - suggesting a they have bright futures
- were Manchester, Cambridge, Bristol and Leeds.

---------------------------------
[4] NEW DVD: Manchester United - End Of Season Review 2001/2002
---------------------------------
Posted Friday, August 2, 2002 by redend:
Start you pre-season tour here with a review of the last one. OK so we won F.A. but
your not a glory hunter are you? This new DVD covers all the games and goals ... and
there were a few to make your Ja(a)p's eye weep.

   http://www.blackstar.co.uk/scp/id/rednews/video/item/7000000070317
Check http://www.rednews.co.uk to view the image which has been removed from plain
text email version of news
   1 DVD  http://www.blackstar.co.uk/scp/id/rednews/video/item/7000000070317
Manchester United - End Of Season Review 2001/2002 (DVD) (2002)

 During the 01/02 season, Manchester United signed Ruud van Nistelrooy, Juan Sebastian
Veron, Laurent Blanc, Diego Forlan and Roy Carroll. Ryan Giggs, Roy Keane and Paul
Scholes all signed new long term contracts, but the club's biggest signing was to
retain the services of Sir Alex Ferguson. This season review contains all the goals,
all the games, plus exclusive interviews.

DVD EXTRAS: Guided tour of Old Trafford. Secret peak at training session at
Carrington. TV press conference. Player profiles. Pre season highlights 2001/2002.

 DVD Price: £ 18.99
SAVE: £1.00

 (approx. price check latest price
http://www.blackstar.co.uk/scp/id/rednews/video/item/7000000070317 here)
http://www.blackstar.co.uk/scp/id/rednews/video/item/7000000070317 CLICK HERE FOR MORE
INFO

---------------------------------
[3] Koeman backs Rio
---------------------------------
Posted Friday, August 2, 2002 by redend:
Ronald Koeman, who is now boss of Ajax, is backing Ferdinand to prove his worth.

"I think he will prove to be a good buy. Ferdinand showed in the World Cup that he is
a very good defender."

---------------------------------
[2] NEW: Manchester United - Classic Matches
---------------------------------
Posted Friday, August 2, 2002 by redend:
Another new video to get RN's 'Old Fart' moistening his starched (& stained)
undergarments - 'Manchester United - Classic Matches'. Actually it came out on 8th
April 2002 but the 'Old Fart' only just discovered it so he ordered it sharpish
http://www.blackstar.co.uk/scp/id/rednews/video/item/7000000071677 HERE  .... which is
nice of him 'cos they bung us 5% for every copy sold.

   http://www.blackstar.co.uk/scp/id/rednews/video/item/7000000068909
Check http://www.rednews.co.uk to view the image which has been removed from plain
text email version of news
   2 VIDEO  http://www.blackstar.co.uk/scp/id/rednews/video/item/7000000068909
Manchester United - Classic Matches (VHS VIDEO)

 This video includes highlights from six games taken from four decades of unstoppable
sucess for Manchester United.

Match list: Manchester United vs Southampton (1971), Manchester United vs Barcelona
(1984), Arsenal vs Manchester United, Manchester United vs Manchester City (1994),
Nottingham Forest vs Manchester United (1999), Manchester United vs Tottenham Hotspur
(5-3). ....

 VIDEO Price: £ 10.99
 (approx. price check latest price
http://www.blackstar.co.uk/scp/id/rednews/video/item/7000000068909 here)
http://www.blackstar.co.uk/scp/id/rednews/video/item/7000000068909 CLICK HERE FOR MORE
INFO

---------------------------------
[1] AP:THE JAWBONE OF AN ASS
---------------------------------
Posted Friday, August 2, 2002 by redend:
We were casting round to see if anyone had anything to say re: the Football League TV
rights balls up. We thought no chance. But then Alex Plypin comes bustling in on his
huge thrusting charger. Damsels, cross yer legs, believe me, he's a beast:

It seems that, where there's blame there's a claim, but you have to sue for what's
due, count the cost when you've lost, bad luck you feel? then appeal.

I don't suppose anyone was really all that surprised when the legal beagles of
Carlton/Granada `thorpedoed' the jackasses at the Football League. ALWAYS read the
small print, they say, especially when you are signing something someone else has
drafted. I reckon that the nearly men at HQ were too busy trying to organise the
champagne launch, to bother to check whether the shifty sponsors of the whole deal had
agreed to underwrite it.

If the shoe had been on the other foot, and the football clubs had managed to sort out
a decent deal for themselves, those same shysters would have been trying to find a way
to get at that extra revenue. Even `hard-headed' businessmen at OT cannot get Lazio to
stump up the readies for Jaap, which begs the question as to what kind of half-wit is
employed in such negotiations.

I suppose that I ought to declare an interest - my Profession is Purchasing - not
Procurement (especially now that yorkie's gone!), as some red-braced marketeers would
have us believe. My job is contract negotiator, and what better employer than MUFC?
Flash car, sod all work, free tickets, and the opportunity to spend hour after
wasteful hour leading on the likes of Rivaldo etc - anelka? - knowing that there was
not the slightest chance that any were going to sign.

I might even go for the N0. 9 shirt?

AP

---------------------------------
[34] Euro away ticket latest
---------------------------------
Posted Thursday, August 1, 2002 by db:
>From the club

The Membership Office have organised travel for members to every European venue.
Aircraft are chartered and, depending upon the distance, coaches are hired to enable
members to travel on official club trips.

It is usual for the club to recieve relatively small ticket allocations for games,
other than the final, and quite often this is not enough to meet the demand of the
supporters who wish to travel. However, please contact the membership office during
normal office hours to find out the latest news, you may be pleasantly surprised!

Champions League qualifier

United will play the away leg in the third Qualifying round of the
Champions League against the winners of the Zalaegerszegi TE v NK Zagreb tie on
Wednesday 14 August.

Applications are being accepted from any member who wishes to travel on the clubs
official day trip flying from Manchester, the cost of which is £310.00. The match
ticket price and allocation is to be confirmed. Applications for ticket only are also
being accepted from members who wish to make their own travel arrangements.

If you require an application form for either option contact Ticketing & Membership
Services on 0870 442 1994.

Terms & Conditions

Trips are available to Manchester United members, who must be in possession of a valid
passport.

Box Holders, Executive & Club Class Members and Members should quote their
membership/customer number. Season Ticket holders should also quote their membership
number and provide voucher 72 (duly completed).

If oversubscribed priority will be given to members who have purchased a ticket from
the club or travelled with the club for any of the previous away games in the
competition so far this season. When applying it should