*Graham, Cycle Gear has several modular helmets on sale right now for well
under $100. Is there a store near you?*
*
*
*Paul
*
On Fri, May 6, 2011 at 12:16 PM, Graham Rogers <[email protected]> wrote:

> I'd like to find an internal flip-down shield modular helmet for under
> $100,  Graham
>
>
> On May 6, 2011, at 9:09 AM, Dave wrote:
>
>  I had picked up a new helmet this year... a HJC IS-16, simply because
>> it has the built-in sunglasses for us folks that need to wear
>> corrective lenses... I wasn't quite sure exactly just how much the
>> built-ins would work, but they are awesome, and extremely simple to
>> operate!  If anyone is looking into a new helmet, and wears a full-
>> face, i would strongly recommend that model.
>>
>> http://www.hjc-helmets.com/product/SUL580571-ATT.html
>>
>> they have some pictures and the mechanism, for anyone thats not
>> familiar, the slider on the top is how the tinted visor comes down,
>> and there is a button just to the front of the slider that retracts
>> it.
>>
>> On May 5, 9:11 pm, Paul <[email protected]> wrote:
>>
>>> *Went out for a ride this early evening knowing I would be riding
>>> directly
>>> into the sun at times and especially on the way home. I wear corrective
>>> lenses full-time, and when I'm riding/driving I attach some clips for
>>> pretty
>>> decent sun protection. But riding into the sun on a motorcycle can be
>>> hard
>>> and even a little dangerous with the glare. So this evening I grabbed a
>>> pair
>>> of what my kids call "old man sunglasses" which are made to go OVER your
>>> existing pair of glasses. I bought them years ago and stuck them in the
>>> glove box of my car just in case I needed to drive somewhere and couldn't
>>> locate my clips. They look like this:*
>>> *
>>> *
>>> *[image: DSC00206.JPG] [image: DSC00207.JPG]*
>>> *
>>> *
>>> *Anyway, I was able to keep them off during most of my ride but when I
>>> knew
>>> I would be riding into the sun on the last part I popped up the chin-bar
>>> of
>>> my modular helmet and donned the old man glasses. Pretty cool actually!!
>>> Chin-bar and faceshield went back down without any issues.*
>>> *
>>> *
>>> *The downside is that it was all but impossible to see the LCD screen on
>>> my
>>> GPS, (which I use in speedometer mode when on the bike) and there was one
>>> stoplight that I had to guess at as to whether the light was red or
>>> green.
>>> [?] (Yeah, colors were a skitch difficult to see.) But as I was facing
>>> the
>>> sun I was able to keep my eyes on the road without the usual difficulty.
>>> I
>>> could actually see quite well. Thinking about taking them along whenever
>>> I
>>> do an early evening ride.*
>>> *
>>> *
>>> *Anyone else ever done this?*
>>> *
>>> *
>>> *Paul
>>> *
>>> --
>>> *
>>>
>>> Paul LeBoutillier  <http://www.facebook.com/paul.lebout>
>>> *
>>> *
>>> *
>>>
>>>  DSC00207.JPG
>>> 254KViewDownload
>>>
>>>  DSC00206.JPG
>>> 247KViewDownload
>>>
>>>  35C.png
>>> < 1KViewDownload
>>>
>>
>> --
>> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
>> "Nighthawk Motorcycle Lovers!" group.
>> To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
>> To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
>> [email protected].
>> For more options, visit this group at
>> http://groups.google.com/group/nighthawk_lovers?hl=en.
>>
>>
> --
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
> "Nighthawk Motorcycle Lovers!" group.
> To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
> To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
> [email protected].
> For more options, visit this group at
> http://groups.google.com/group/nighthawk_lovers?hl=en.
>
>


-- 
*

Paul LeBoutillier  <http://www.facebook.com/paul.lebout>
*
*
*

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Nighthawk Motorcycle Lovers!" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected].
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/nighthawk_lovers?hl=en.

Reply via email to