my scaner is not working but it is a fairly easy task to disconect the
universal joint (whole shaft is left on the bike)  remove the pivot
joint cap, then pry the universal joint to the rear and slip a screw
driver throu the pivot joint hole. The book also doesn't tell you that
the screwdriver has to be a thin shafted screwdriver. your screw
driver will slip through the universal joint and hold it back out of
the way so you can remove the engine. The repair manual has one
sentence for this procedure.
I take lots of photos with my digi camera so thatI can be sure I don't
miss a step putting it back together. I would also recomend a repair
book (manual) unless you are really good at this sort of thing. to
spilt the case thier are two pages in the book and to put it back
togther thier are four pages. I have two engines sitting on my work
bench right now and when I turned them over to take the bottom screws
out thie was still lots of oil to come out of all the little pockets
in the engine maybe 1/4 to 1/2 a quart so just be prepaired for that
to.

My nighthawk 700 will sometimes not down shift if I am stopped so I
just roll the bike back and forth a little then it shifts.