One step ahead, I received a new aftermarket R/R to replace the old one but
both passed voltage measures and diode tests outside.
No surprise it didn't make a difference and the load capacity still doesn't
reach 13V @5000 after checking these things:
- battery fine and fully charged giving 12.8V and 12.3 with ignition and
head light on
- black/white DC from RR into stator magnet coil is about 11.6V which is
standby voltage minus transistor loss with 5 ohm resistance
- no remarkable drop between green RR to black battery or red/white RR to
red starter relay
- stator resistance between each yellow is less than 1 ohm and the diode
test also passed in both directions while they are not grounded anywhere
- RR diode pass also fine in one direction for yellow/green and
redwhite/yellow pairs so it really rectifies AC to DC as expected
- wires and connectors are clean with minimum resistance, black ground from
battery and the green at the ignition coils are clean on frame
- head light gets noticeable brighter with factor x1.5 between idle and
@2500

I have no reliable spec for the expected AC output from the stator to the
rectifier/regulator and found any value from 10 to 60V on the web which
doesn't help.
Each yellow pair gives about 8-10V on idle but no more than 13V equally
when revving to 4000 which might indicate a tired stator.
But I'm somehow running out of ideas and obviously I wasn't the only one
over the last 30 years. DOH!