Afew days ago, someone reported a problem with the multiple spot meters on
the F100, that they were not metering on the spot but a little above or to
the side. I checked out mine and found no problems at all. Let's hope that
the report was just an isolated anomaly and that it gets fixed for the
person that reported it.
<<<<<<

I did report this problem. Unfortunately, the problem isn't fixed for the
time being. I'm in contact with Nikon France technical staff but I have big
problems to get an answer.

Remember too that I observed the same problem with another sample I checked
in my camera store.

You are the first and only one who answered to my message so far. So I
cannot figure out if this is an "isolated anomaly" or not. Any other F100
owners reports welcome!
<<<<<<<<<

I checked my F100. No problem at all.

One thing to consider -- and you likely already have -- is that the spot
metering area is somewhat larger than the brackets shown in the viewfinder.
Each spot meter is, according to Nikon,  4 mm x 4 mm. Each bracket in the
middle row is 2 mm x 1.5 mm. The top and bottom brackets are 2 mm x 1 mm.
So on those top and bottom areas, the spot meter is twice the width and
three times the height of the bracket shown. A little less so when using
the middle row.

I visualize a box surrounding the brackets when using spot metering. With a
little practice, it's not hard to do (and since I spot meter maybe 80% of
the time, I get plenty of practice). Should something lighter or darker
enter that box, the meter reading will change.

Larry

Larry