@Udiknedormin I strongly think it should be part of the language. Developers
fear dependencies[*], so people will continue to use workarounds instead of
using string interpolation via an external dependency. Also, the Nim core
itself could benefit from it in some places ([random
example](https://github.com/nim-lang/Nim/blob/87a46765eee6601ccc53b2c38d1c8f3a9b045124/lib/system/nimscript.nim#L285)
 or every line with more ~5+ concatenating `&` and the notorious opening and
closing `"`). Sometimes I don't embed helpful information in my exception
strings, because typing out the manual concatenation is tedious (and I don't
want to add a dependence for just 1 line of code), whereas in e.g. Scala I
would, because it is so easy (`f"Error: blah blah because x = $x and y = $y
while running in mode '$mode'"` if I counted correctly that would take 6 `&`
and 8 `"` in Nim). It's a general pattern that in languages where string
interpolation is included, developers tend to produce higher quality output
strings on average compared to languages where there is a larger barrier for
achieving the same.

[*] I'm an author of one of the string interpolation libs out there, but I've
never dared to use it in my other libraries because of dependency avoidance